Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Henry_Leon

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon    72

Dramatic final :cry: for :PRK  lost 2-3 (lead 2-1 at 83') and now risk to be out from Top 4 RU  (pts 10, GD +2)

:UZB  is qualified :clap: at Round 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

LDOG    181

Fortunately Lebanon made a favor to everyone and failed to beat Myanmar (even with 10 additional minutes :lol: ).

China is about to qualify too... ($$$$$)

Henry_Leon    72

After latest results: SYRIA :SYR  is qualified!!!! 

China won 2-0 (standing runner up  pts 11 pts, GD +8) and their hope are alive.

Lebanon :facepalm:

LDOG    181

Iraq, Syria, UAE and China qualified for next round. They will be joined by Saudi Arabia, Uzbekistan, Iran, South Korea, Japan, Thailand, Qatar and Australia.

MHSN    104

here are possible pots for the next round per FIFA future World Ranking

Pot 1: Iran, Australia

Pot 2: South Korea, Japan

Pot 3: Saudi Arabia, Uzbekistan

Pot 4: UAE, China

Pot 5: Qatar, Iraq

Pot 6: Syria, Thailand

I think we won't have a group of death. and once again we can't play Australia !!! the last time we played them was 18 years ago !

Personally I prefer Japan, Uzbekistan, China, Iraq and Thailand. in our group.

Japan is stronger than Korea for sure but all football fans here are sick of playing Korea everytime ! even though we have a very good record against them recently. KSA and Uzbekistan are almost in the same level but I prefer Uzbekistan since KSA plays dirty. beside that they will make a story about playing in Iran once again.

UAE is definitely stronger than China, so I have no doubt I prefer China :d as for Qatar and Iraq, I think we prefer Iraq to take revenge for that unfair 2015 Asian Cup defeat on penalties. I wonder if Iraq continue to play its home games in Iran if they group with us !? Syria and Thailand are almost the same, Thailand is more predictable while Syria (despite all troubles they are facing) is a hard fighting team.

George_D    41

Another positive result for us (Argentina). I think Brazil will have big difficulty to qualify, their quality of players except 3-4 is very low comparing to the past

LDOG    181

We need 3503403430 shots to score a goal, I'm tired and bored of this team and coach.

ledon    6
12 hours ago, MHSN said:

here are possible pots for the next round per FIFA future World Ranking

Pot 1: Iran, Australia

Pot 2: South Korea, Japan

Pot 3: Saudi Arabia, Uzbekistan

Pot 4: UAE, China

Pot 5: Qatar, Iraq

Pot 6: Syria, Thailand

I think we won't have a group of death. and once again we can't play Australia !!! the last time we played them was 18 years ago !

Personally I prefer Japan, Uzbekistan, China, Iraq and Thailand. in our group.

Japan is stronger than Korea for sure but all football fans here are sick of playing Korea everytime ! even though we have a very good record against them recently. KSA and Uzbekistan are almost in the same level but I prefer Uzbekistan since KSA plays dirty. beside that they will make a story about playing in Iran once again.

UAE is definitely stronger than China, so I have no doubt I prefer China :d as for Qatar and Iraq, I think we prefer Iraq to take revenge for that unfair 2015 Asian Cup defeat on penalties. I wonder if Iraq continue to play its home games in Iran if they group with us !? Syria and Thailand are almost the same, Thailand is more predictable while Syria (despite all troubles they are facing) is a hard fighting team.

I think in this case the other group will be a group of death: Australia, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar and Syria :d.

By the way I would pick the same group with the exception that I would prefer Syria over Thailand, just because of the weather in Thailand.

Henry_Leon    72

No surpises in Concacaf, won all the home teams (expected ;)), with Mexico already qualified to the Hexagonal (round 5).

In South America the battle will be tough,  ;) with only Bolivia and Venezuela without a chance (Peru a little bit :mumble:) .... expected too.

MHSN    104
1 hour ago, ledon said:

I think in this case the other group will be a group of death: Australia, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar and Syria :d.

By the way I would pick the same group with the exception that I would prefer Syria over Thailand, just because of the weather in Thailand.

I think the only big difference is between China and UAE. for other pots I can say both teams are almost in the same level, we prefer Iraq and Uzbekistan for some other reasons (not because they are weaker than QAT or KSA) Japan is even stronger than Korea but we still want them :d

Iran never qualified to the World Cup twice in a row, I just hope they break the curse this time. the current team looks much better than 2014 WCQ.

ledon    6
5 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I think the only big difference is between China and UAE. for other pots I can say both teams are almost in the same level, we prefer Iraq and Uzbekistan for some other reasons (not because they are weaker than QAT or KSA) Japan is even stronger than Korea but we still want them :d

Iran never qualified to the World Cup twice in a row, I just hope they break the curse this time. the current team looks much better than 2014 WCQ.

Yes the big difference is between UAE and China.Generally I would say that I am not afraid of any asian team right now. We can beat all of them. Japan is the strongest team in asia right now and I would say Iran is second and Australia/Korea third. Saying that I am somehow more concerned about UAE than Japan or Korea, even though we almost won every time against UAE. I somehow feel it will be difficult this time. I remember we won against UAE in the asian cup, but we were lucky in that match. We usually play good against Japan or Korea (home and away), but have problems with Qatar, Saudi-Arabia at least playing on their home soil. Also of course they are famous for dirty tricks.

Anyway I think we have a very good team with talented young players this time and I am very optimistic that we will qualify. I think 2014 WCQ was on of the worst iranian teams I have ever saw. Ironically we qualified with this team ahead of Korea in the group. What would your favourite squad look like at the moment? I would go with something like that.

Beiranvand

Rezaeian              Hosseini        Pouraliganji        Montazeri

Kamyabinia/Ebrahimi

Amiri                  Ezatolahi           Dejagah         Hajsafi

Azmoun

Pavlo    37

as to China, with such a league, they can improve quite fast and sometimes have better mentality than UAE