website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

3 hours ago, konig said:

why that opinion about Saudi Arabia?, i dont watch them.

I can write a book about this, and of course I'm biased here but when they play in Asia, dubious calls usually go in their way, (before today, they scored 3 goals, all of them penalties dubious calls included) since they have money, they think they own everything, when they didn't want to go Thailand, they told AFC to arrange groups and not putting them with the same group as Thailand, now they don't want to play in Iran, they simply call AFC/FIFA and tell them to play in neutral venue. they forced Iraq to play them in Malaysia !! (since Iraq can't host its own matches, they named 2-3 countries to FIFA but Saudis rejected them all to play in wherever they want) and they also play dirty, they are famous for grassrolling and etc.

as for being an Iranian, there are so much hatred between us and Saudis, it's not a "rivalry" like Brazil-Argentina , simply hatred. and the current political tension between two countries makes it even much worse. Saudi Arabia was the only team I wanted to avoid before the draw, only because of this.and there is still a chance to play them in 5th place play-off.

3 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I can write a book about this, and of course I'm biased here but when they play in Asia, dubious calls usually go in their way, (before today, they scored 3 goals, all of them penalties dubious calls included) since they have money, they think they own everything, when they didn't want to go Thailand, they told AFC to arrange groups and not putting them with the same group as Thailand, now they don't want to play in Iran, they simply call AFC/FIFA and tell them to play in neutral venue. they forced Iraq to play them in Malaysia !! (since Iraq can't host its own matches, they named 2-3 countries to FIFA but Saudis rejected them all to play in wherever they want) and they also play dirty, they are famous for grassrolling and etc.

as for being an Iranian, there are so much hatred between us and Saudis, it's not a "rivalry" like Brazil-Argentina , simply hatred. and the current political tension between two countries makes it even much worse. Saudi Arabia was the only team I wanted to avoid before the draw, only because of this.and there is still a chance to play them in 5th place play-off.

Thanks for the answer, in football, Saudi Arabia is for me an old memory of USA 94 (that was the best asian team i have ever seen, at least for me), and a big dissaster with the 8-0 of Germany in 2002........nothing more, i really dont know all the facts you are saying but, sadly, is nothing surprising for me.

all who pay some atention in politics know that Iran and Saudi Arabia represents two of the most important actors in the "muslim internal" between Sunnis and Shi'ites.

3 hours ago, LDOG said:

Nah, the 4 teams are already decided. UAE or KSA don't have the level in the long run to push them out. I had hope for a new team with Uzbekistan but it seems they are also weaker than previous years. Probably the 5th team will lose to Honduras or something.

I think only Australia is safe, Japan lost to UAE at home and  struggled a lot against Iraq. (their 1st goal was clearly off-side) they are still the favorite but UAE has a chance.

in Group A. I agree Uzbekistan is weaker this time but Korea is not really playing well either. Iran looks better this time (we were really bad in 2010 and 2014) but we NEVER qualified for the World Cup twice in a row. so I still prefer to wait 2 more matches to have confidence about the qualification. we can't count on our solid defense forever.

4 minutes ago, konig said:

Thanks for the answer, in football, Saudi Arabia is for me an old memory of USA 94 (that was the best asian team i have ever seen, at least for me), and a big dissaster with the 8-0 of Germany in 2002........nothing more, i really dont know all the facts you are saying but, sadly, is nothing surprising for me.

all who pay some atention in politics know that Iran and Saudi Arabia represents two of the most important actors in the "muslim internal" between Sunnis and Shi'ites.

oh yeah it's hard to believe once I used to cheer for them as an Asian team :d yeah they were an interesting team back in 1994 with their "boneless" keeper Al-Deayea and that guy Owairan, who dribbled the whole Belgium team to score !

you are right about that, but the hatred in football field started even before that ! :d

12 horas atrás, crovitlaci disse:

Nah, I still remember that goal from Iceland against Austria in 90+6 at Euro which made us play against Portugal in Round of 16 instead Iceland. :d

That goal is still remembered here as one of the luckiest moment in Portugal sporting history!! Thanks to Iceland we avoided the "stronger" path and managed to get to the final without playing against Italy/Spain/Germany :thumbup: