website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

The game was pretty entertaining, both teams knew they had to win with Spain/Portugal ahead.

Silly defeat for Morrocco but that's the old sin for any African team. They just don't have tactical prowess to keep the game under full control. That was a needless foul that lead to the OG.

Iran :woohoo:

Riots in major cities in the Netherlands in 3, 2... :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Group B

Morocco - Iran 0:1 (0:0)   

Goals: 90.+5 Bouhaddouz (OG) 0:1

Yellow Cards: El Ahmadi - Shojaei, Jahanbakhsh, Ansarifard.

Officials:  Cakir - Duran, Ongun (all TUR), 62.548 attendance

Morocco: El Kajoui - Hakimi, Benatia, Saiss - Boussoufa, Ziyech, El Ahmadi, Harit (82. Da Costa) - N. Amrabat (76. S. Amrabat), El Kaabi (77. Bouhaddouz), Belhanda

Iran: Beiranvand - Rezaeian, Cheshmi, Pouraliganji - Ansarifard, Ebrahimi (79. Montazeri), Hajsafi, Shojaei (67. Taremi) - Jahanbakhsh (84. Ghoddos), Azmoun, Amiri

People talk about "luck" like they never watched football before, luck always plays a big factor in football

we were unlucky so many times in World Cup before so I take this win proudly and don't give a shit about all these things. the first 10 minutes was terrible but since then the match was pretty even and Iran missed the best chance of the match (Azmoun missing one-on-one in first half)

of course it wasn't the best match we ever played but who cares, at this level the final score is the only thing matters. after those two forced substitutions I was OK with a draw but we got a lucky goal at the end.  even though we were always good on set pieces. that was Morocco's fault giving up that foul near the box.

I just hope Queiroz uses a better formation for the next matches, we can play much better than this. but for now, we have 5 days to celebrate this. and I think people are already celebrating this on the streets. winning a match in World Cup is always something special.

hace 5 minutos, heywoodu said:

Iran :woohoo:

Riots in major cities in the Netherlands in 3, 2... :p

Have discussed your islamophobia problem with a psychiatrist? This is already the second negative comment about inmigrants you made this week.