website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

38 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

it's really strange when a team contains all these stars and lose to low and average teams like Venezuela , i think Argentina has the best offensive team in South America : Higuain - Aguero - Icardi - Messi - Di Maria - Dybala alongside with Lavezzi and Pastore , how come all these players score less goals than Venezuela !! something strange happening in Argentina , this team should be much better than the one who reached WC final in 2014 , it'll be a great loss if we miss Argentina in WC 

A lot of people consider messi as greatest ever.   More then Pele or Maradona.   I can't with 3 loses in international finals. 

2 hours ago, konig said:

Its dificult to explain but is a 3-5-2 or a 4-3-3 for me......

i see the formation at 0.40 of the video

so Di Maria (a left winger) and Acosta (Forward) were used as wing-backs?? i think that these choices were too unfortunate for Sabaoli

1 hour ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

A lot of people consider messi as greatest ever.   More then Pele or Maradona.   I can't with 3 loses in international finals. 

Messi is now the best player of Argentina and the world but he lacks leadership is my opinion. Mascherano on the contrary is a defensive player but he was the leader of Argentina in 2014

33 minutes ago, George_D said:

Messi is now the best player of Argentina and the world but he lacks leadership is my opinion. Mascherano on the contrary is a defensive player but he was the leader of Argentina in 2014

I agree with that.   But how do you compare him with Pele.  Or Diego Maradona

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Майкл:

Abysmal? :d 

Probably something like that.

Thinking about it now, I might have been a bit too harsh, as we controlled the game most of the time. Defence was alright after all.

But it was still disapponting how we played. We scored only one goal in the last three games. Hope we will get out of this slump at the right time. I have the suspicion that it is much about attitude and motivation with our players at this point of the year anyway.

Qualification in South America is getting exciting. New Zealand is probably hoping for Peru, Paraguay or Ecuador in the play-off games. Against Chile or Argentina, the difference in quality seems to be too much, despite they both struggling at the moment.

Algeria is only the second team from the last World Cup which is already mathematically eliminated in this qualification campaign (the other being Cameroon).

Edited by Milan

I want to say something about the Qualifiers in Asia and why "we" believe everything are always in favor of the Saudis . of course they had a good team this time with Van Marwijk and did great in a tough group with Japan and Australia.but still ! and I'm not even talking about the questionable penalties they received in their early matches.

Australians have only themselves to blame for not scoring enough goals against Thailand but don't you guys think those two matches should be held at the same time ? they will answer that was impossible because of the time difference but history tells us that nothing is impossible in AFC !

2010 Qualifiers

we had two important matches in the last day :KOR vs :IRI and :KSA vs :PRK if Iran had beat Korea, a tie between PRK and KSA would send Iran directly to the World Cup but in case of a draw . Iran would need a winner in KSA/PRK match to go to the playoffs and in that specific year . playoff against New Zealand was supposed to be not that hard. Iran was leading most of the match but Park Ji-sung scored the equalizer at 82nd minute and later the night, KSA and PRK played when they knew a tie would keep both teams alive. the match wasn't fixed at all but Saudi didn't take huge risk to score, and finally a 0-0 draw sent PRK to the WC and KSA to the playoffs. if those matches were at the same time, and they knew Iran is leading the final score would be different.

2018 Qualifiers

the same story. they held AUS vs THA match few hours before Saudi / Japan match . Saudis knew what they want exactly without anymore stress thinking about the other match. of course Australia made it easy for them by barely even beating Thailand.

2014 Qualifiers

But you are wrong if you think time difference is important for AFC/FIFA when they really want to have matches at the same time, 1st round in Asia. last match day. :AUS vs :KSA and :OMA vs :THA , they forced Oman to play Thailand at 13:30 in that hot weather because the Saudis didn't want to play "before" them. of course Australia beat the hell of them and Oman beating Thailand eliminated them ,but still those organizers did their best to support the Saudis.