website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

Congrats for France , they were the best team so far with a littlebit luck they won the WC , despite the fact that they played a terrible 1st half but they managed to lead at the end and that was very crucial moment when perisic touched the ball and completely damaged his team , at 2nd half French players gained confidence again and completely dominated the field , as it could gave been much more worse for Croatia if Loris didn't decide to show the world his dribbling abilities which could have been a turning point if Croatian players did have some thing in their tanks , any way France was by far the most integrated team in this tournament , they only lacked a striker much more effective than Giroud and ofc if Laccazete was here he would have been much more effective IMO , for Croatiaan players u did a miracle in this tournament and u really should be proud of yourselves , here in Egypt i could say 90 % at least of Egyptians rooted for Croatia , for me i thought France deserved that trophy more but my 1st periority was to watch a strong match which i would say i got in the 1st half especially 

I think we were a bit unlucky yesterday. The first French goal resulted from an unjustified free kick (plus maybe it could have been ruled offside), the penalty call is understandable, but it isn't a blatant one, more like a 50/50 thing. Would have liked to see how the game went when the score would have been even for a longer time. In 2nd half Croatia needed to increase the risk, which obviously suits the French attack very much. You cannot give them that much space, certainly not with that mismatch on our left defense side.

Still France is the better team and probably would have found a way to win the game anway. Congratulations to them. Yes, it would have been great to become world champions and we probably won't get a chance as good as this one again in the near future, but there have only been 8 different nations winning the World Cup, almost all of them big nations. There has never been a real underdog winning it. Croatia doesn't have to win it, just not our claim.

"Our team is world champion, let's break stuff and throw in store windows."

Surprise :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!