website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

1 minute ago, LDOG said:

Uff, great, now only England to go down and I will finally sleep well at night.

Wanna join #TeamCroatia and help @dcro and his countrymen? :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Agora, heywoodu disse:

Like only Europeans will watch now :p

Most people don't care about the continent, but about the sport, I hope. No idea why I would cheer for a European country simply because its part of the same big continent existing of a million different cultures :p

Only European teams will play, so I hope they have a nice cup. And the concept of cheering for your "neighbors" may not really make sense in Europe because most countries there were colonizers, not colonized. In South America it's easy to see (even around here) people cheering for other countries of the continent because we share (mostly) the same language (even Portuguese and Spanish are mutually inteligible) and, roughly, a similar history. Also, I'm not aware or major ethnic conflicts in South American, opposed to what happened in part of Europe. Maybe this only makes sense to South Americans, I don't know. It's hard to tell people to understand part of a history they never lived.

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

btw why is this anti-England movement about ? If there were no Englishmen, we would never had the opportunity to watch a Football World Cup and discuss about :d

Wasn't it a French initiative in 1930? :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

hace 3 minutos, hckosice said:

btw why is this anti-England movement about ? If there were no Englishmen, we would never had the opportunity to watch a Football World Cup and discuss about :d

If it were up to the english there would be no World cup or even international football. They are the biggest anti-FIFA in the world.

1 minute ago, bestmen said:

europe is not alone Russia is asian team 

Officially it's of course not, but yeah, they are not exactly seen as Europeans I'd say :p