website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

vor 29 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

"Spain won 5 of their 8 penalty shootouts."

Yeah, because it so matters for your current chances if a team 45 years ago won a penalty shootout :rolleyes:

Apparently it does. There a multiple reasons why previous outcomes of penalty shootouts might be a predictor concerning the outcome of current penalty shootouts.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

The world cup continues to be a disappointment in my opinion. None of the big teams has played at their best so far. I still think that having longer seasons every year for the big teams doesn't help the level at world cups or european championships. This result is another proof that tiki taka is done, i think more physical teams will dominate football in the future. For the sake of football i hope that Russia won't come near the title, i would prefer less destructive teams like France, Belgium or even England to win it.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Round of 16

Spain - Russia 1:1 After Extra Time (1:1, 1:1), 3:4 After Penalties   

Goals: 11. Ignashevich (OG) 1:0 - 41. Dzyuba (11m) 1:1

Penalties Shootout:

Iniesta 1:0, Pique 2:1, Koke Missed 2:2, Ramos 3:3, Aspas Missed 3:4 - Smolov 1:1, Ignashevich 2:2, Golovin 2:3, Cheryshev 3:4 

Yellow Cards:  Pique - Kutepov, Zobnin.

Officials:  Kuipers - van Roekel, Zeinstra (all NED), 78.011 attendance

Spain:  De Gea - Nacho (70. Carvajal), Pique, Ramos, Alba - Koke, Busquets - Silva (67. Iniesta), Isco, Asensio (104. Rodrigo) - Costa (80. Aspas)

Russia: Akinfeev - Fernandes, Kutepov, Ignashevich, Kudryashov, Zhirkov (46. Granat) - Samedov (61. Cheryshev), Zobnin, Kuzyaev (97. Yerokhin) - Dzyuba (65. Smolov), Golovin

32 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Every team I dislike is going out and every team I like or am neutral to goes through, best World Cup ever :d 

Pretty much :yes For me, now it's only left England to lose and i can watch the rest of the Cup without any stress for the results.

Apparently this was the 10th time that Spain played against a host at the world cup or european championships and they lost every time.

At the 1934 world cup they lost against Italy, at the 1950 world cup they lost against Brazil and at the 2002 world cup they lost against South Korea.

Another interesting stat: Vladimir Granat who was subbed in at halftime didn't complete a single pass in the 75 minutes he played ...

45 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Especially the black magic is strong :p

oh f.... , you were right

Siberian shamans throw a victory ritual to support Russian football team

information_items_7416.jpg

11.jpg

Shaman Alexaner Timurov said that the ritual involved praying and gift offering. 2018-05-26_22-58-12.jpg.b862b7ccb4a17c9af1d1dfd6c6d34eb3.jpg

Edited by bestmen

1 hour ago, bestmen said:

what a f... who predicted the russian win :yikes:

Team 1 WIN1 TIE WIN2 Team 2
:ESP 51 2 1 :RUS
:CRO 49 0 3 :DEN

1 hour ago, mihamiha said:

probably one in the bottom of the table,playing for surprise

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Someone who got 0 points for correct result :p 

58 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

'Correct result' --> 1 X 2 result

tuniscof predicted 2-1 for Russia and will be awarded with 1 point, amen09 predicted 1-1, Felipe 2-2. :bowdown: