website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

It seems Argentina didn't learn anything from the Croatian game. Again Tagliafico and Mercado spent most of their times on the opponent's side, and left their sides empty. :wacko: It is sad, but the result could be 7(8)-3(4).

Round of 16

France - Argentina 4:3 (1:1)   

Goals: 13. Griezmann (11m) 1:0, 57. Pavard 2:2, 64. Mbappe 3:2, 68. Mbappe 4:2  - 41. Di Maria 1:1, 48. Mercado 1:2, 90.+3 Agüero 4:3

Yellow Cards:  Matuidi, Pavard, Giroud - Rojo, Tagliafico, Mascherano, Banega, Otamendi.

Officials: Feghani – Sokhandan, Mansouri (all IRI), 42.873 attendance

France: Lloris - Pavard, Varane, Umtiti, Lucas - Pogba, Kante - Mbappe (89. Thauvin), Griezmann (83. Fekir), Matuidi (75. Tolisso) - Giroud

Argentina: Armani - Mercado, Otamendi, Rojo (46. Fazio), Tagliafico - Perez (66. Agüero), Mascherano, Banega - Pavon (75. Meza), Messi, Di Maria

hace 19 minutos, lapaj said:

It seems Argentina didn't learn anything from the Croatian game. Again Tagliafico and Mercado spent most of their times on the opponent's side, and left their sides empty. :wacko: It is sad, but the result could be 7(8)-3(4).

It's not their fault, midfield must provide coverage and it was non existent. I'm very disappointed with the coach, I thought he was good at the time, but he made all kind of stupid decisions and formations in the year he has been in charge. 

7 minutes ago, LDOG said:

It's not their fault, midfield must provide coverage and it was non existent. I'm very disappointed with the coach, I thought he was good at the time, but he made all kind of stupid decisions and formations in the year he has been in charge. 

Yes, Sampaoli is a very good Chilean coach! :p

Good game. A well playing France side is just too much for this Argentina team I think. They sacrificed some offensive power with Matuidi on the wing, still they had amazing quality up front. Now the three best teams from 2014 are out of the tournament.

I don't expect tonight's game to be nearly as good. Both teams lack creativity and they have a different playing style. Smells like extra time there.

Edited by Milan