website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

I am very sad about serbia being eliminated, the referee was scandalous! Now guys like Shaqiri are rewarded with reaching the next round, while the serbians are punished, it's very tough to take to be honest.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

16 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Thanks for the free language lesson, maybe you should try to learn some history. Here is what happened during the semifinal of 1934 world cup between Italy and Austria (i try to translate it from german wikipedia):

"The game was decided by a controversial referee decision by Ivan Eklind, who had been welcomed the day before by Benito Mussolini as an honorary guest. The only goal of the game was score in the 18th minute, when several italian players pushed the austrian goalkeeper Peter Platzer, who had the ball in his hands, over the line. Ivan Eklind (the referee of the game) even actively interfered, when he prevented a cross from reaching the free-standing austrian attacker Karl Zischek with a header"

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fußball-Weltmeisterschaft_1934#Halbfinale

You wrote that the first two Italian wins were a joke, so you will surely provide some proof about 1938, right?

And out of curiousity, is there any other World Cup win that you consider a joke?

Group E

Serbia - Brazil 0:2 (0:1)   

Goals  36. Paulinho 0:1, 68. Silva 0:2.

Yellow Cards:  Ljajić, Matić, Mitrović.

Officials: Faghani – Sokhandan, Mansouri (all IRI), 44.200 attendance

Serbia:  Stojković - Rukavina, Milenković, Veljkovic, Kolarov - Matić, Milinković-Savić - Tadić, Ljajić (75. Živković), Kostić (82. Radonjić) - Mitrović (89. Jović)

Brazil: Alisson - Fagner, Silva, Miranda, Marcelo (10. Luis) - Paulinho (66. Fernandiho), Casemiro - Willian, Coutinho (80. Augusto), Neymar - Gabriel Jesus

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Dunadan:

You wrote that the first two Italian wins were a joke, so you will surely provide some proof about 1938, right?

And out of curiousity, is there any other World Cup win that you consider a joke?

In 1938 Germany invaded Austria, so Austria couldn't participate at the world cup, who benefitted from it? Italy, the same country that fought with Germany during the 2nd world war, coincidence?

2006 was also a joke. Materazzi clearly insulted Zidane, but Zidane got the red card despite barely touching Materazzi. Now we have VAR, so things like that probably won't happen again, i predict a very dark future for Italy at the world cup, they can't trick their ways to titles anymore, that's probably also the reason why they declined to participate. Interestingly enough the team that benefitted from them declining was Sweden, the exact same team that eliminated Germany, coincidence?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

In 1938 Germany invaded Austria, so Austria couldn't participate at the world cup, who benefitted from it? Italy, the same country that fought with Germany during the 2nd world war, coincidence?

2006 was also a joke. Materazzi clearly insulted Zidane, but Zidane got the red card despite barely touching Materazzi. Now we have VAR, so things like that probably won't happen again, i predict a very dark future for Italy at the world cup, they can't trick their ways to titles anymore, that's probably also the reason why they declined to participate. Interestingly enough the team that benefitted from them declining was Sweden, the exact same team that eliminated Germany, coincidence?

So you realized that what you wrote was bullshit and now you are trying to act like a troll to hide the fact that you were wrong.

Very smart, but it would have more honest to just admit that you were wrong.

Group E

Switzerland - Costa Rica 2:2 (1:0)   

Goals  31. Džemaili 1:0, 88. Drmic 2:1 - 56. Waston 1:1, 90.+3 Sommer (OG) 2:2.

Yellow Cards:  Lichtsteiner, Zakaria, Schär - Gamboa, Campbell, Waston.

Officials: Turpin - Danos, Gringore (all FRA), 44.200 attendance

Switzerland:  Sommer - Lichtsteiner, Schär, Akanji, Rodríguez - Behrami (60. Zakaria), Xhaka - Shaqiri (81. Lang), Džemaili, Embolo - Gavranović (69. Drmic)

Costa Rica: Navas - Gamboa (90.+3 Smith), Acosta, González, Waston, Oviedo - Colindres (81. Wallace), Borges, Guzmán (90.+1 Azofeifa), Ruiz - Campbell

1 godzinę temu, Sindo napisał:

You are ignoring him but not really "ignoring" him from a technical point of view, since you keep reading his replies. With the ignore function you would not even read his posts.

The world is not perfect, there will always be people you don't like around, especially in the sports world where everyone supports different teams/athletes. Moderating the forum and taking decisions on what posts to delete, what posts to keep, which users to warn is the last thing I want to do when I get home, but someone has to do it and of course it's not a fun thing. Nobody is forced to remain on the forum if they can not stand how I deal with the moderation anymore. But I assure you that whoever will be the admin in the future will keep receiving complaints, simply because it is impossible to make everyone happy and everytime I decide to delete/not to delete a post it's like if I am a referee and I have to decide if it's penalty or not. I would love both teams to be happy but you have to take a decision, always very quickly and often you take the wrong one, and one team will be happy with your decision and the other one disappointed.

so i should ignore him only not to know when he insults me, my country or some other user/nation? It`s ok only in theory but it will never work, you now my point, this is forum - action reaction, ignoring won`t work

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it