website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Milan:

Not sure who deserved it here. I found Sweden to be rather bad in the first two games. Mexico apparently totally collapsed today, but I still think they were the best team in this group. Germany also had two bad games and a mediocre one against Sweden, where they at least dominated even with only 10 players and created some chances. 

I like to see big surprises in sports, but I still would have wanted Germany to advance rather than Sweden.

It wasn't Germany or Sweden, but Germany or Mexico. Mexico beat Germany fair and square, so they deserved it. Sweden won 2 matches and lost the 3rd one in the last minute, so despite their rather ugly style of play, they have to be considered the deserving winner in this group.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

How is Switzerland rather easy? (I hope that they make it and not Serbia)

For me both teams of this group should be eliminated in the next round. In the end none of those teams should play a major role during the rest of the tournament.

Well, to be honest, they haven't been that impressive, just solid and well ordered (that's a surprise :p), which has earned them a rather comfortable position going into game 3, against the weakest team of their group.

That's why I consider Sweden stands a better chance against them, that they would against Brazil for example. Yet nothing is written in stone.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

I can't speak for anyone else, but in my case it's just against their football team (definitely not against the country, as is evident for anyone who reads biathlon threads for example). One specific user has exactly 0,0 influence on me liking a team or not, nobody is that important :p

Yet you felt the need to reply immediately and even with actual text and not a smiley? What happened to you?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 1 Minute schrieb mrv86:

Well, to be honest, they haven't been that impressive, just solid and well ordered (that's a surprise :p), which has earned them a rather comfortable position going into game 3, against the weakest team of their group.

That's why I consider Sweden stands a better chance against them, that they would against Brazil for example. Yet nothing is written in stone.

Brazil might have been very well a more difficult opponent for Sweden than Switzerland (if they make it), but i still wouldn't call them easy. I think at best 2 swedish players (Forsberg and Lindelöf) would make the swiss team. Switzerland clearly has more individual quality. Maybe some swedish player will fake an injury, so that Ibrahimovic can be nominated?

vor 3 Minuten schrieb ledon:

Well I hope Low will go.

He has to, although he just renewed his contract until 2022. He is the first german coach to ever be eliminated in group stage of a world cup, there is no excuse. Clearly he couldn't reach the players anymore.

back to home  wooooooooooooot autocollant-smiley-etonne.jpg Germany lost

i didn't watch the match but i told you they play like amateurs by missing tons of goals

this is the same scenario with Spain when they won the WC 2010 and failed in the 1rst round of 2014 , it happens when you keep the same players

so CROATIA WILL WIN THIS , all the rest look not stable