website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

Mexico back to it's inefective self :wall: The foul that originated the penalty was ridiculous and needless to say, changes in the attack came too late.

Congrats to Sweden for advancing to a rather easy knock-out draw.

On the other half, sad to see Germany go early, but Korea Republic played it's best game ever in a World Cup, with so much courage, so I think they deserved their win.

vor 1 Minute schrieb LDOG:

I think some people here cheer against Germany because of you, not because of the country.

It isn't my case though, i wanted Germany to advance because I didn't want Brazil to have a free pass to QF but oh well...

1) I think you are overestimating my influence

2) If that's the case, then those people would be even more pathetic.

a) How can you base your feelings towards a whole country (80 mio people) on your feeling towards 1 person.

b) Possibly those people have no problem with Germany, but act that way to go on someone elses nerves (no need to name names ...), but then those people most lead a sad life indeed, if they have nothing else to do than to annoy other people.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

hace 5 minutos, MHSN said:

well done Korea. :yes but yeah I know people still make fun of Asian teams even when Panama lose by 6 goals.

and who says Sweden can't beat Mexico ? they did actually but I'm glad Mexico got lucky at the end. they deserved a little luck after winning 2 matches.

Yes, asian teams are the greatest surprise for me. I expected them all to finish with 0 points but at the end all of them got points! On the other hand african teams have disappointed.

vor 12 Minuten schrieb OlympicsFan:

Congrats to Sweden and Mexico. I am sad that Mexico probably will again be eliminated in the round of last 16, but they only have themselves to blame. The good thing is that Löw and Özil will be gone. There is easily enough potential to regain the title in 2022, the german federation just needs to find the right coach. I hope that Belgium or France will win the world cup. Also congrats to all the germany haters on here, although i will never understand how a person can hate a whole country, you must lead a very sad life to sink that low.

Whenever heywoodu doesn't know what to reply, he just reacts with a smiley ... cute. On the other hand i don't remember the last time he actually wrote about sport on here, so maybe he forgot how to discuss. At least now i know everything about his eating habits and those of his BRAZILIAN girlfriend ... :cheer:

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Not sure who deserved it here. I found Sweden to be rather bad in the first two games. Mexico apparently totally collapsed today, but I still think they were the best team in this group. Germany also had two bad games and a mediocre one against Sweden, where they at least dominated even with only 10 players and created some chances. 

I like to see big surprises in sports, but I still would have wanted Germany to advance rather than Sweden.

9 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I think some people here cheer against Germany because of you, not because of the country.

I can't speak for anyone else, but in my case it's just against their football team (definitely not against the country, as is evident for anyone who reads biathlon threads for example). One specific user has exactly 0,0 influence on me liking a team or not, nobody is that important :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Germany beating Sweden but finishing last in their group while Sweden wins the group? Obviously everyone predicted this.

Must be pretty rare for the team to fonish last in the group to have beaten the group winner.

Edited by NearPup

vor 10 Minuten schrieb mrv86:

Mexico back to it's inefective self :wall: The foul that originated the penalty was ridiculous and needless to say, changes in the attack came too late.

Congrats to Sweden for advancing to a rather easy knock-out draw.

On the other half, sad to see Germany go early, but Korea Republic played it's best game ever in a World Cup, with so much courage, so I think they deserved their win.

How is Switzerland rather easy? (I hope that they make it and not Serbia)

For me both teams of this group should be eliminated in the next round. In the end none of those teams should play a major role during the rest of the tournament.