website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

Group B

Spain - Morocco 2:2 (1:1)   

Goals 19. Isco 1:1, 90.+1 Aspas 2:2 - 14. Boutaib 0:1, 81. En Nesyri 1:2.

Yellow Cards:  El Ahmadi, N. Amrabat, Da Costa, Boussoufa, El Kajoui, Hakimi.

Officials: Irmatov - Rasulov, Saidov (all UZB), 33.973 attendance

Spain:  De Gea - Carvajal, Pique, Ramos, Alba - Busquets, Thiago Alcantara (74. Asensio) - Silva (84. Rodrigo), Isco, Iniesta - Costa (74. Aspas)

Morocco: El Kajoui - Dirar, Da Costa, Saiss, Hakimi - El Ahmadi, Boussoufa - N. Amrabat, Belhanda (64. Fajr), Ziyech (85. Bouhaddouz) - Boutaib (71. En Nesyri)

What a horrible game by Portugal. As I'm rooting for them I'm super angry about the fact that iran scored the equalizer as that doesn't only mean they play Uruguay next but that they will be in the generally probably much harder half of the bracket. Ronaldo was pretty disappointing but I also have to say that the people who say he lost Portugal the three points with the missed penalty are talking rubbish. If he doesn't make his great dribbling Portugal doesn't get a penalty in the first place

Taremi Taremi Taremi Taremi Taremi :cry: he broke 80 millions heart tonight by missing that almost one-on-one chance in extra time. as when he missed that header against Spain. either of them could send us to the next round . he was crying like a baby after the match, I just hope fans don't be harsh on him. to me he played great despite missing big big chances in these two matches.

and what about the ref ? looks like VAR is only there to help the big teams, there were 3 accidents in Portugal's box and if that Ronaldo's dive was a penalty, then they were penalty as well. but the funniest thing was the extra time. we had 3 VAR review in 2nd half, each one of them wasted at least 3 minutes plus that was a tense game full of fouls and protests. still he gave us only 6+1 minutes !

and Ronaldo was lucky to get away with a yellow after elbowing Pourali-G. even though I believe that was the correct decision but still any other player would get a red card for that.

ppffff. so this is it. our players gave their everything in such a tough group. even Morocco was the best African team. to me all of them did their job and they were great. I didn't expect more but damn we were close this time. really close :cry::cry:

2 minutes ago, vlad said:

VAR is fair only with small teams. Let's be honest, tonight Ronaldo deserved a red card ;)

The VAR called the head referee to review on that Ronaldo episode...If you know the VAR protocol, this automatically means that the VAR thought it was a red card episode...it's not his fault if the head referee wrongly decided to show only a yellow card to Ronaldo.

vor 50 Minuten schrieb Rafoo:

I think we can again beat spain like in france 2016 group stage

I do too. I just hope we don't have to play against France in Round of 16. I'm pretty sure we would lose against them, whereas against Spain I would be cautiously optimistic. 

I guess 4 points in this group is a great result for Iran. After all I am happy with the performance of our guys here and I am sure I will feel better tomorrow. Having said that I think we missed a big opportunity to get in the next round. Portugal wasn't unbeatable today. We should have played much more offensive from the beginning. Unfortunately our players are always very nervous when they play against big teams. Despite that I think referee was weak. Ronaldo deserved a red card and we should have had at least 12 minutes extra time. 

Edited by ledon