website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

So far, Japanese fans picking up their waste have been better role models for children as opposed to lots of footballers with their questionable behaviour on the field. ;)

Edited by Quasit

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

1 minute ago, Quasit said:

So far, Japenese fans picking up their waste have been better rolemodels for children as opposed to lots of footballers with their questionable behaviour on the field. ;)

Senegalese have been doing the same. ;)

#banbestmen

36 minutos atrás, Quasit disse:

So far, Japanese fans picking up their waste have been better role models for children as opposed to lots of footballers with their questionable behaviour on the field. ;)

Not only on the field. This has been a historical problem in Brazil (Romário, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho) and it's almost infuriating to see how influential they are.

I teach English in a federal institute (basically a high school and a university in one single place). I asked my class of sophomore students to create a video in English about someone who they admire, and one group came up with a video of Ronaldinho Gaucho. In the end of their presentation, they showed a picture of Ronaldinho making a gesture with his hands that can be seen as a vagina, and one of the students then showed a picture of himself reproducing the gesture. I graded them zero (grades in Brazil go from 0 to 10). I don't care how hard they worked to improve their English if their behavior as human beings needs a lot of improvement. The thing is those kind of footballers are seen as role models, and young men often fail to see how offensive some of them are.

Has anybody else noticed the random appearance of usually a single Uzbekistan flag in the stadium (behind the goal now, other times it's somewhere in the stands) at basically every match so far?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Has anybody else noticed the random appearance of usually a single Uzbekistan flag in the stadium (behind the goal now, other times it's somewhere in the stands) at basically every match so far?

No, but I did notice :KGZ flag once. :d

#banbestmen