website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

Guys, I write it here now and it is a reminder for the next 3 weeks too:

If you do not agree on a user's post, then reply to that post.

But if you can not stand an user and you never agree on what he/she says and you think he/she is a ... (choose whatever you think), then please/por favor/bitte/per favore/пожалуйста/رجاء/proszę/请/alsjeblieft/لطفا/kérem/mолим вас, USE THE IGNORE FUNCTION! So that further posts of that user will be hidden around the forum when you connect from your account.

I pay for this software which has this feature so I even pay for this, so seriously, USE IT! :evil:

2 hours ago, Milan said:

If I were from Switzerland I wouldn't be proud of having Albanian nationalists like Xhaka and Shaqiri on my team. That goal celebration with the double headed eagle was unnecessary.

But well deserved win for Switzerland. Serbia didn't show enough considering that they needed the win more.

I disagree, I think sports and politics go hand and hand. Plus the protests were against ethnic cleansing during the 80s, 90, 2000s. If Serbian fans are upset by the protests, maybe they should think of the dead Kosovar civilians.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

14 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I disagree, I think sports and politics go hand and hand. Plus the protests were against ethnic cleansing during the 80s, 90, 2000s. If Serbian fans are upset by the protests, maybe they should think of the dead Kosovar civilians.

Excuse you, sir, but check the today's demographics of Kosovo&Metochia and you'll see you're wrong. What ethnic cleansing are you talking about? There are less than 30k (170k less than there were in 80s and 90s) Serbs there now, with more than 1.5M Albanians. 

Secondly, that's not a protest sign, but a Greater Albania sign. Which is not offensive to Serbian fans only, but Montenegrin, Greek and Macedonian too!

Check your facts before posting such nonsense next time!

Edited by Майкл

6 minutes ago, Майкл said:

Excuse you, sir, but check the today's demographics of Kosovo&Metochia and you'll see you're wrong. What ethnic cleansing are you talking about? There are less than 30k (170k less than there were in 80s and 90s) Serbs there now, with more than 1.5M Albanians. 

Secondly, that's not a protest sign, but a Greater Albania sign. Which is not offensive to Serbian fans only, but Montenegrin, Greek and Macedonian too!

Check your facts before posting such nonsense next time!

Look, I didn’t want to offend anyone. And I am not saying that all of the sides in that war are good or bad. I actually have a rather good understanding of the people and politics of the Balkans, and that was just my viewpoint. I’m sorry it upset, but that’s just the way I saw the situation. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

It's better to have such fans or what? Shaqiri and Xhaka celebrated the way they did, because they were booed by serbian fans for having an albanian background. I am not surprised you didn't mention that, it perfectly fits the way you have commented in the past about things like that. Many serbian users on here have given some very "weird" comments about things like that in the past, but only if it concerns Albania/Kosovo. If it concerns Russia or Serbia, then everything is fine. I don't know if the serbian people on here represent the view of the majority of serbian people, but that certainly would be very sad.

What else to expect from you lolololo

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Crying wolf scenario or not, Neymaring his way through the game or not, that moment where two Swiss players pulled him down as if their lives depended on it was a very clear penalty and that's exactly the kind of thing VAR should take care of. 

Yet another reason why, in my opinion, using the VAR should be partially in the hands of the teams. As in, give both teams 1-2 uses of the VAR per match/half, which they get to keep if they are right and they lose if they're wrong. Much like in hockey.

This will disturb the flow of the game. We have enough delays with all the time wasting and fake injuries to add more confusion. I'm sure coaches would find a way to bullshit the challenge system if they had such power. I can see a ton of players claiming they were elbowed in the face so video review is warranted while that would only steal time and give their defense a breather or something.

2 hours ago, Майкл said:

Well it's useless - especially compared to the hawk-eye and challenge systems in tennis and volleyball :shrug:

Tennis and volleyball are much faster games, you can't directly compare the players influence on the video system. Plus hawkeye rarely decides the outcome of the game since there are too many points played. Besides, we see enough bullshit video challenges on match point in volleyball when teams seek invisible touches.

Same thing in badminton, player abuse the challenge system simply to disrupt opponent or get a chance for some drink.

But if it wasn't implemented, players and coaches are mad because of the questionable line calls by line judges. (especially in countries with reputation in bad line judging to help the hosts)

VAR is less effective because of the players who are diving and falling "neatly". Well nothing is 100% perfect, including technology.

5 hours ago, Monzanator said:

This will disturb the flow of the game. We have enough delays with all the time wasting and fake injuries to add more confusion. I'm sure coaches would find a way to bullshit the challenge system if they had such power. I can see a ton of players claiming they were elbowed in the face so video review is warranted while that would only steal time and give their defense a breather or something.

And then they lose their challenge if their wrong, they won't take that risk that easily.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!