website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

Lausanne, 31 May 2018 – The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has been notified of the appeal and urgent
request for a stay filed by the Peruvian football player Paolo Guerrero at the Swiss Federal Tribunal (SFT). The
appeal is directed against the CAS decision partially-upholding the appeal filed by the World Anti-Doping
Agency (WADA) against the decision issued by the FIFA Appeal Committee on 20 December 2017 and
increasing Mr Guerrero’s suspension from 6 to 14 months.
Paolo Guerrero has also filed an urgent request for a stay of the execution of the suspension in order to be able
to participate in the forthcoming FIFA World Cup in Russia.
The CAS will not object to the request for a stay.
So far, the CAS Panel has only issued its decision, without grounds. The reasoned award with the grounds for
the CAS decision will be notified to the parties at a later stage

Am 14.5.2018 um 21:32 schrieb thepharoah:

IMO Brazil squad is the best squad among the 32 teams , they have world class players in all positions , maybe they'll be affected on right back , but Danilo can somehow fulfill this position , other wise they definitely have some othe best players in the world and they should be the favorite team to win it all 

For me there are only 4 nations with a realistic chance of winning the world cup: Spain, France, Brazil and Germany

I think Spain and France are the top 2 favorites, in my opinion they have the best squads, followed by Brazil and Germany.

My quarterfinal predictions are:

France vs. Portugal

Brazil vs. Belgium

Spain vs. Argentina

Germany vs. Poland/Colombia/England

The semifinals should be:

France vs. Brazil

Germany vs. Spain

Then the final should be Spain vs. France/Brazil

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

hace 38 minutos, OlympicsFan said:

For me there are only 4 nations with a realistic chance of winning the world cup: Spain, France, Brazil and Germany

I think Spain and France are the top 2 favorites, in my opinion they have the best squads, followed by Brazil and Germany.

My quarterfinal predictions are:

France vs. Portugal

Brazil vs. Belgium

Spain vs. Argentina

Germany vs. Poland/Colombia/England

The semifinals should be:

France vs. Brazil

Germany vs. Spain

Then the final should be Spain vs. France/Brazil

IMO Brazil has a MUCH higher chance to win than France. They play a lot better than them as a team.

Japan Final Squad

Goalkeepers: Eiji Kawashima (Metz/FRA), Masaaki Higashiguchi (Gamba Osaka/JPN), Kosuke Nakamura (Kashiwa Reysol/JPN)

Defenders: Yuto Nagatomo (Galatasaray/TUR), Tomoaki Makino (Urawa Red Diamonds/JPN), Maya Yoshida (Southampton/ENG), Hiroki Sakai (O. Marseille/FRA), Gotoku Sakai (Hamburger SV/GER), Gen Shoji (Kashima Antlers/JPN), Wataru Endo (Urawa Red Diamonds/JPN), Naomichi Ueda (Kashima Antlers/JPN)

Midfielders: Makoto Hasebe (C) (Eintracht Frankfurt/GER), Keisuke Honda (Pachuca/MEX), Takashi Inui (Eibar/ESP), Shinji Kagawa (Borussia Dortmund/GER), Hotaru Yamaguchi (Cerezo Osaka/JPN), Genki Haraguchi (Fortuna Dusseldorf/GER), Takashi Usami (Fortuna Dusseldorf/GER), Gaku Shibasaki (Getafe/ESP), Ryota Oshima (Kawasaki Frontale/JPN)

Forwards: Yuya Osako (1. FC Koln/GER), Yoshinori Muto (Mainz 05/GER), Shinji Okasaki (Leicerster City/ENG)