website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

At last night's talk show, we were shown that the Netherlands can still go to the World Cup and being eliminated means nothing :yikes:

They had several good options.

Option 1 - Pretend to be Belgians
1. When Belgium goes to Russia, their bus will drive via Prague, as shown in the spoiler below

2. Near Prague, there's a tunnel, where one is always in a traffic jam, and that's our chance;

3. We hijack the bus, put on some Belgian clothes and ride on to the World Cup

4. Work on the accent and nobody will figure it out

Spoiler

80554dcbdc.jpg

32c047c9cf.jpg

Option 2 - Remove Iceland
1. After some checking, it turns out Iceland is actually an island and has no physical connection to any large land mass

2. This makes way to the option of attaching Iceland to some big boats and pulling it away

3. Pull Iceland all the way to Florida so it's part of the US and, since the US didn't qualify, a spot in the World Cup has now opened up!

Spoiler

8e98bbbbe7.jpg

a3277bdb91.jpg

Option 3 - Kiss Russia's ass
1. Next year, the Netherlands will be in the UN Security Council, which opens up this entire option

2. We'll promise to vote for whatever the Russians vote for if they let us go to the World Cup

Spoiler

a14d38bee7.jpg

2c633f5d13.jpg

Option 4 - We grab that World Cup
1. We're going to the World Cup Final and we're going to take the Cup

2. They always place the World Cup close to the field, which is our chance, since we've all bought tickets for the final

3. Rafael van der Vaart will act as a distraction for the fans

4. Arjen Robben is really fast. He'll dress up as a fan and outrun everyone to grab the Cup

5. Once we've got the Cup, a gold-painted Wesley Sneijder will be put down there as a disguise for the Cup, so nobody will notice the back switcheroo

Spoiler

1bb7a45d0f.jpg

ee47b8bd4a.jpg

And that is how the Netherlands might be elimited, but is not even close to being out of the World Cup :)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Another tough draw for Sweden , after 2014 draw against Portugal , Italy is in great danger IMO with their average performance in qualifications , Ireland vs. Danemark is a very balanced match , both teams have same chances to qualify , Switzerland is for sure better than NI and they deserve to qualify after winning 9 matches in qualifiers , but it's always hard when u play with teams like NI who play with passion and heart , finally Croatia shouldn't have problems against Greece 

We get the one team I wanted to avoid. I know already we will struggle big time creating chances against them. And on top of that we start with a home game :facepalm:

Switzerland as usual lucky with the draw, I can't see Northern Ireland beat them. Sweden can be tricky for Italy I think.

4 hours ago, Henry_Leon said:

European Playoff

:NIR  vs  :SUI

:CRO  vs  :GRE

:DEN  vs  :IRL

:SWE  vs  :ITA

Go Switzerland, because Switzerland

Go Croatia, because Greece

Go Ireland, because Ireland really deserves some 'revenge' after France stole their place in the 2010 World Cup

Go Sweden or Italy

:p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

I dislike both N.I. and switzerland as teams and they got drawn together :wacko: 

On the bright side, that means they won't both be in the World Cup :p