website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

48 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

I don't think those are the seeded teams

the fifa rankIng will be crucial, I guess the October one. I don't think Denmark will be among top 4. Northern Ireland has better chances or even Slovakia. 

Currently Croatia would be 4th but I guess we will drop down in the next ranking. But anyway I don't believe in a win in Kiev 

After this round, Denmark is in front of both those teams (using FIFA's prognosis tool).

From what I see, the only way for Denmark to lose out from being seeded if they win against Romania, is France throwing away their 1st place (which is of course not gonna happen).

If Denmark draw against Romania, Croatia can take it from them

If Denmark lose (and still end up as 2nd), only Greece and Scotland (of the current 2nd placed teams) can't overtake them.

Italy is actually below Denmark and needs a win to be sure to be seeded. If they draw against Albania, Croatia can overtake them and Sweden can end with the same number of Ranking Points.

I can't guarantee that it's completely right, but it's using FIFA's own tool.

Edited by Agger

3 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

Plus if nations like Scotland and Northern Ireland qualify then they will be like new nations as it is decades since they appeared previously..... and on the same note, looks like we can soon congratulate Egypt on a long awaited return! :thumbup:

Scotland played 1998 WC ,so it wasn't that far :d and thanks for your support , hopefully we can end this wait today 

5 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

i thought it's been much more years for NI , but it looks like just 12 years as their last appearance was back in 1986 , so you're right :d

1958, 1982 and 1986 were NI's 3 appearances.... all before I was born so it would be really something if they could return :)

4 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

1958, 1982 and 1986 were NI's 3 appearances.... all before I was born so it would be really something if they could return :)

just like Egypt , our last appearance was back in 1990 before i was born also :d , good luck to NI and Ireland , but to be honest i wouldn't be sad if Wales , could make it , they didn't particpate since 1958 , so it was very long ago :d  

5 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

just like Egypt , our last appearance was back in 1990 before i was born also :d , good luck to NI and Ireland , but to be honest i wouldn't be sad if Wales , could make it , they didn't particpate since 1958 , so it was very long ago :d  

Yeah, we were in the same group in 1990 and though I was born then, I don't remember this tournament either :d.

Wales can wait a little longer I feel :p

3 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Yeah, we were in the same group in 1990 and though I was born then, I don't remember this tournament either :d.

Wales can wait a little longer I feel :p

yes and it was one of the worst games of WC :d , We defended all the match and wasted a lot of time in returning the ball to goal keeper , it'll be a tough battle , may the better team wins