Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Henry_Leon

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018 - Qualification

ledon    6
41 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

as to China, with such a league, they can improve quite fast and sometimes have better mentality than UAE

maybe in future, but right now UAE is much much better. In my opinion China is in fact the weakest team of all remaining teams.

MHSN    101

So we got Korea, Uzbekistan, Qatar, China and Syria . Lol we were in the same group with 3 of them last time ! And AGAIN Korea

OlympicIRL    338

My prediction for the Asian qualifiers:

Group A: Uzbekistan, Iran to qualify automatically; South Korea to play-offs

Group B: Japan, Australia to qualify automatically; Saudi Arabia to play-offs

Henry_Leon    68

In Group B :JPN and  :AUS are favourites and others will play for 3rd place.

In Group A :KOR  will try (and will find.... ) their 10th participation at WC and the battle will be for the other direct qualification and for 3rd place, with :IRI  favourite.

My support  :clap:  :UZB  :fingers:

Henry_Leon    68

Kuwait’s matches against Laos and Korea Republic forfeited

FIFA can confirm the decisions of its Disciplinary Committee in relation to the unplayed 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia qualifying matches Kuwait-Laos and Korea Republic-Kuwait. 

The Disciplinary Committee has decided that both of the matches should be forfeited, in accordance with art. 31 of the FIFA Disciplinary Code. Furthermore, the Kuwait Football Association has been ordered to pay a fine of CHF 15,000 for each of the unplayed matches after being found liable for the violation of art. 6 par. 5 of the Regulations for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia and art. 56 of the FIFA Disciplinary Code. In both cases, the KFA was also issued with a warning and a reprimand.

The decisions, notified to the relevant parties, were reached after a thorough analysis of all relevant information pertaining to the cases, in particular the fact that the Kuwait Football Association has been suspended since 16 October 2015.

ledon    6

It`s funny:d. We have almost the same group like 4 years ago. Syria is replaced by Lebanon and China is added this time. So it is a little bit boring for me. I rather would have played against Japan than Korea, even though I think Korea is weaker. Anyway I think we got the easier group. Mainly because we got China instead of UAE and we can avoid to play in Saudi Arabia.  Group B will be much more intereresting. I am curious if UAE and Saudi Arabia can make a surprise in this group, even though I think Japan and Australia remain favorites. In Group A Iran and Korea are favorites, even though Qatar and Uzbekistan have also chances.

After all I think we must qualify for the World Cup and I am very optimistic this time. Saying that we have not much place for mistakes in this group and shouldn`t underestimate any opponent.

thepharoah    11

Japan and Australia will qualify as always with a bit potential surprise for KSA , UAE has no chances in this group , group A is a bit more interesting , but i think Iran and Korea will earn their tickets to WC , but watch out for Qatar they can be very dangerous and i think they'll overcome Uzbekistan for 3rd place 

ledon    6
22 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Japan and Australia will qualify as always with a bit potential surprise for KSA , UAE has no chances in this group , group A is a bit more interesting , but i think Iran and Korea will earn their tickets to WC , but watch out for Qatar they can be very dangerous and i think they'll overcome Uzbekistan for 3rd place 

I actually think that UAE has a good shot to surprise in this group:d

thepharoah    11
1 hour ago, ledon said:

I actually think that UAE has a good shot to surprise in this group:d

i don't think so , they still don't have the character of big teams and this was proven when they faced Australia back in Asian cup and when they faced KSA this year , i'm not convinced of their coach Mehdi Ali , he's done with the team and don't have new ideas or blood to put 

Henry_Leon    68

The draw for the third round of African Zone qualifiers for the 2018 FIFA World Cup will take place today in Cairo (Egypt)

The 20 teams will be drawn into five round-robin, home-and-away groups of four teams each. (October 2016 -November 2017)

The five group winners will qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

Pots:

Pot 1 (seeded teams): Algeria, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Senegal, Tunisia 
Pot 2: Cape Verde Islands, Egypt, Congo DR, Nigeria, Mali
Pot 3: Cameroon, Morocco, Guinea, South Africa, Congo
Pot 4: Uganda, Burkina Faso, Zambia, Gabon, Libya

bestmen    252

Just now, Henry_Leon said:

The draw for the third round of African Zone qualifiers for the 2018 FIFA World Cup will take place today in Cairo (Egypt)

the live streaming of the draw will start in 40 min :cool:

here