website statistics

Iran National Thread

MHSN

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Why even have trials with 2 athletes if they might select the loser anyway? Wouldn't that be extremely unfair?

in some weights we had more than just 2 athletes , I just wrote the final series results. beside that these wrestlers are selected for this round after series of pre-trials.

what's the point of having trials ? determine the best representative , right ? what if someone only can wrestle good at home, against Iranian wrestlers, in fact those guys who lost here (Akhlaghi and Mohammadi) won the quota for Iran, in World Championship after beating so many tough wrestlers, they both lost their semifinal/quarterfinal while they were leading , just did a mistake and got pinned. who knows they both could win the gold last year !

yes it's unfair to send the loser without giving the "winner" another chance to prove himself, that's what our wrestling federation did. I will write about their decision in details in my next post

Here is the final decision of Iran Wrestling Federation technical committee about Olympic Trials, in some weights they already selected the Olympic team member, in other weights they narrowed it down to two wrestlers . in both Greco and Freestyle they will consider the World Cup as their main trial event, both candidates will go to the World Cup and whoever performs better will go to Rio, but remember World Cup is a team event and each country can enter two wrestlers per weight, our wrestlers will not face each other there ! if none of convinced the coaches , they will send them to another international tournament. we have a special case for 97kg freestyle. the big big favorite Reza Yazdani is seriously injured and his situation is still unclear.

Freestyle

57: Hassan Rahimi vs Reza Atri

65: Meisam Nassiri vs Ahmad Mohammadi

74: Hassan Yazdani

86: Alireza Karimi

97: Amir Mohammadi vs Abbas Tahan and maybe Reza Yazdani

125: Komeil Ghasemi vs Parviz Hadi

Greco-Roman

59: Yet to qualify

66: Omid Norouzi vs Mehdi Zeidvand

75: Saeid Abdevali

85: Habibollah Akhlaghi vs Hossein Nouri

98: Ghasem Rezaei vs Mehdi Aliyari

130: Yet to qualify

* 3 wrestlers are already selected. Yazdani, Karimi and Abdevali.

* in 97kg, Tahan and Mohammadi will go to the World Cup, if Yazdani recovers in time after 2.5 months, one of those guys and Yazdani will go to Armenia tournament to determine the Olympic team member.

* in 98kg Greco, Rezaei and Aliyari both will wrestle in World Cup, if none of them convinces they will wrestle each other right after the World Cup or the next day.

* in other weights if they take their final decision after the World Cup, they will send both candidates to an international tournament. I think they already took their decision about 57 freestyle and 66 Greco , Rahimi and Norouzi just have to be "not bad" in World Cup to be selected.

Today was a sad day for me  because of Taekwondo but apparently we won another quota in athletics , according to Iranian news agencies , Mahmoud Samimi reached the qualification standard in a tournament in Hungary, I couldn't find a Hungarian source to confirm that

9 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Today was a sad day for me  because of Taekwondo but apparently we won another quota in athletics , according to Iranian news agencies , Mahmoud Samimi reached the qualification standard in a tournament in Hungary, I couldn't find a Hungarian source to confirm that

DT 1 Mahmoud Samimi (iri) 60.55; 2 Peter Savanyu 57.85; 3 Mohammad Samimi (iri) 57.09; 4 David Mozsdenyi 55.30; HT 1 Kaveh Mousavi (iri) 74.80;  2 Peyman Ghalenoui (iri) 68.54

14 minutes ago, MHSN said:

btw it is true. First post was from 14.6.

from yesterday: https://atletika.hu/sites/default/files/masz/eredmenyek/2016/98-teli-versenysorozat-5-fordulo-eredmenyek-0416224737.pdf

1 minute ago, dareza said:

thanks, :yes I tried the same source couple hours ago and didn't find that.

how lucky he is, exactly 65m ! :lol:

With Kimia Alizadeh securing a spot in Women's Taekwondo today, now we have 41 quotas. here is the list of remaining qualifiers for Iranian athletes.

Wrestling: 1st World Qualifier 22-24 April (if necessary 2nd qualifier 6-8 May)

Rowing: Asian/Oceania Qualifier 22-25 April

Canoeing Slalom: Asian Qualifier 23-24 April

Boxing: APB/WAS Qualifier 13-22 May

Volleyball: World/Asian Qualifier 28 May-5 June

Judo; The end of qualification period 31 May

Boxing: World Amateur Qualifier 7-19 June

Archery: World Cup 13-18 June

Beach Volleyball: AVC Cup 15-21 June (first they have to qualify in semifinal round 12-14 May)

beside that you always can qualify by reaching the standards in Athletics and Swimming, while in Swimming we have no chance to qualify , but they will most probably get a universality place.

12 hours ago, MHSN said:

With Kimia Alizadeh securing a spot in Women's Taekwondo today, now we have 41 quotas. here is the list of remaining qualifiers for Iranian athletes.

Wrestling: 1st World Qualifier 22-24 April (if necessary 2nd qualifier 6-8 May)

Rowing: Asian/Oceania Qualifier 22-25 April

Canoeing Slalom: Asian Qualifier 23-24 April

Boxing: APB/WAS Qualifier 13-22 May

Volleyball: World/Asian Qualifier 28 May-5 June

Judo; The end of qualification period 31 May

Boxing: World Amateur Qualifier 7-19 June

Archery: World Cup 13-18 June

Beach Volleyball: AVC Cup 15-21 June (first they have to qualify in semifinal round 12-14 May)

beside that you always can qualify by reaching the standards in Athletics and Swimming, while in Swimming we have no chance to qualify , but they will most probably get a universality place.

you forgot Basketball:p

Just now, MHSN said:

Oops i had basketball in my mind when i started to write but i just forgot it. Lol after we have no realistic chance

sadly true, but I hope our guys will at least try. By the way who will go to wrestling qualifier?