Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Gianlu33

Totallympics Suggestions and Problems Thread

Sindo    58
14 minutes ago, Melonade said:

Ummmmm how did I find this site again

I guess it was the Tour de Suisse that I found this place lol

But I'm more of a tennis/motorsports/athletics fan than cycling

:yes

Found it on Google ? Searching something about Tour de Suisse ?

heywoodu    1,115
16 minutes ago, Melonade said:

Ummmmm how did I find this site again

I guess it was the Tour de Suisse that I found this place lol

But I'm more of a tennis/motorsports/athletics fan than cycling

:yes

Stay here a little while and you'll notice you've suddenly added at least 5 more sports to your list :d 

Sindo    58
20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That's what I thought Sindo meant, at least it's what I meant :d 

No, I think dcro meant  the opposite process: having a thread for everything and then merge the threads with very few replies.

I meant the opposite process: having everything together and then split the posts regarding one subject which deserved a dedicated thread.

The first option is a matter of merging, the second option is a matter of splitting.

Both options are ok and the result would be the same, we have to find out which one is the best one in term of time saving for the one who will have to deal with that (heywoodu? :p )

heywoodu    1,115
Just now, Sindo said:

No, dcro means the opposite process: having a thread for everything and then merge the threads with very few replies.

I meant the opposite process, having everything together and then split the posts regarding one subject which deserved a dedicated thread.

Both options are ok and the result would be the same, we have to find out which one is the best one in term of time saving for the one who will have to deal with that (heywoodu? :p )

I'd say it could be like this:

If someone feels an event (be it a competition, a race or a news event) is big enough to deserve it's own thread, he/she should feel free to open a thread about it. If it turns out there's not really a lot of interest, someone (like me) could merge it with a general thread, whereas if it generates a little buzz and the person who opened it isn't posting just on his own there, it could be left open. 

OlympicIRL    515
4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'd say it could be like this:

If someone feels an event (be it a competition, a race or a news event) is big enough to deserve it's own thread, he/she should feel free to open a thread about it. If it turns out there's not really a lot of interest, someone (like me) could merge it with a general thread, whereas if it generates a little buzz and the person who opened it isn't posting just on his own there, it could be left open. 

I think this is the best option :yes. No harm in trying this and it will be really interesting to see if we see a trend of new users joining :)

heywoodu    1,115
6 minutes ago, Melonade said:

I must have searched 'Tour de Suisse livestream' and apparently totallympics came up :lol:

And there wasn't even a livestream until you posted a link! :d 

Gianlu33    379
1 hour ago, Melonade said:

I must have searched 'Tour de Suisse livestream' and apparently totallympics came up :lol:

And @heywoodu is right, again :lol: I say this phrase for the 3rd-4th time in a week, but how it's possible? :p (Only joke ;))

Vojthas    19

I want to ask in another matter. Are there any plans to come back to weekly schedule that was on totallympics before the great breakdown of the forum last year? It would be very helpful for some of the users.

Sindo    58
1 minute ago, Vojthas said:

I want to ask in another matter. Are there any plans to come back to weekly schedule that was on totallympics before the great breakdown of the forum last year? It would be very helpful for some of the users.

Hopefully in 2018. I am trying to find the quickest way to deal with that but I doubt I will have time to start it in 2017, sorry.

Melonade    4

Now I remembered that I was watching volleyball or archery idk on a YouTube stream and someone miiiight have in the comments said 'check out totallympics.com'. So it might not have been woodu that got me here :mumble:

And I thought their name was like 'sino'? Which sounds like @Sindo ???? Was that you lol

Agger    136
19 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Stay here a little while and you'll notice you've suddenly added at least 5 more sports to your list :d 

Only 5? :p