website statistics

Totallympics Suggestions and Problems Thread

Gianlu33

Well, now that we are all opening up on our family issues, i feel like i can confess my past crimes too: every time in the old forum when Sindo edited a single insignificant phrasing or a space in my results posts, I always went back to it after a certain time and edited it back purely out of spite for the sheer sillyness of the situation :lol: 

16 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Well, now that we are all opening up on our family issues, i feel like i can confess my past crimes too: every time in the old forum when Sindo edited a single insignificant phrasing or a space in my results posts, I always went back to it after a certain time and edited it back purely out of spite for the sheer sillyness of the situation :lol: 

Yep, I'm guilty of that too. Sindo remembers how many times I kept changing group back to pool in the hockey and rugby threads :p

By the way, @Sindo please don't take these things personally, and no matter about anything else, I am truly grateful for this forum and your dedication to it over the years. You really should be proud about that and the fact that we are here squabbling over how to make it the best experience possible for each of us shows that we all want the project to succeed. 

Edited by OlympicIRL

Just a little note about social media and potential new users: I think spamming 'regular' threads around doesn't help very much (not saying anyone does that), but what I do think is very useful is linking to something unique and awesome where new users could actually 'participate' in something you don't really find anywhere else. This came to mind when I saw these two 'create your own program' posts opened by @Quasit today :) First thing I thought after posting my creation for the Winter Olympics was sharing it on Twitter, who knows, maybe someone comes in and gives it a shot, then hangs around here :)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Il y a 15 heures , heywoodu a déclaré:

Just a little note about social media and potential new users: I think spamming 'regular' threads around doesn't help very much (not saying anyone does that), but what I do think is very useful is linking to something unique and awesome where new users could actually 'participate' in something you don't really find anywhere else. This came to mind when I saw these two 'create your own program' posts opened by @Quasit today :)First thing I thought after posting my creation for the Winter Olympics was sharing it on Twitter, who knows, maybe someone comes in and gives it a shot, then hangs around here :)

Same here.

Never forget: a forum is only worth its content.

I have quite the same problem @Werloc does. Not many of my friends, especially female friends interest in sports :( And even if they do, they concentrate mostly on football. Other olympic sports, even the quite popular ones like volley or tennis only exist to them when a Polish athlete is close to achieving something. One of my closest friends who considers himself quite a big sports fan was surprised a sport such as modern pentathlon even exists.

I also thought about advertising totallympics on some Polish forums I discuss on,  but it is very likely people who would register here would not even be interested in commenting about sports and discussing results and would simply try to provoke or insult users from  Germany, Russia or other countries, which would bring a bad atmosphere to the forums and is also against the Olympic spirit. :(

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

On 7/1/2018 at 23:49, Werloc said:

Sadly, I have only one Lithuanian friend that cares about sport and he used to be a user here (the story how we met is a pretty funny one :d)

I wouldn't really want to introduce this forum to the scum that comment on sports in our media articles so my hands are pretty much tied at the moment.

If I'd ever come across a person that I'd know would enjoy it here, I would definitely recommend this place, alas, I'm very unlucky at meeting sports enthusiasts since I'm working in the music industry and am mostly surrounded by people who wouldn't be able to name a winter sport in less than 5 seconds.

I know how you feel. It's pretty much the same in my political party. A lot of football and possibly handball fans, but not much else!

Same kind of thing on the major Dutch forum where I post: a lot of cycling fans/followers for example, and quite active Formula 1 and darts sections and so on, basically some people for every sport, but I really don't think anyone is very much interested in spending time posting on yet another forum (since there's plenty of people who also post on for example international cycling forums and such).

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!