website statistics

Totallympics Suggestions and Problems Thread

Gianlu33

You better not be looking up how to do flag emoticons.

Trigram code game must be strong
BRN = Bahrain not Brunei, this isn't ISSO

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

Let me be blunt for one second:

- The template used (and forced) to any first post is hideous

- The template used (and forced) to any fist post is mostly useless (flags for the host country, who gives a fuck ?)

- The template used (and forced) to any first post makes me sick and let me believe I'm visiting a sort of sovietoid dystopian universe

We need threads, all kinds of different threads, good thread, bad thread, shit thread even. We need life.

Please @Sindo, let it go.

Edited by De_Gambassi

30 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Let me be blunt for one second:

- The template used (and forced) to any first post is hideous

- The template used (and forced) to any fist post is mostly useless (flags for the host country, who gives a fuck ?)

- The template used (and forced) to any first post makes me sick and let me believe I'm visiting a sort of sovietoid dystopian universe

We need threads, all kinds of different threads, good thread, bad thread, shit thread even. We need life.

Please @Sindo, let it go.

I do not understand how one very short post with only basilar information about an event can be so annoying. By the way that is just a copy paste of the thread on the results thread, which you probably do not care about but there are other people who are more interested in that thread than the discussion thread. And until a couple of years ago there was much more than this in the first post (and in following posts too).

If you want to propose another format feel free to do it. I do not live in a "sovietoid dystopian universe" but I want to set some "rules" not only for the content but also for the format. If tomorrow an user register and he starts opening random threads for any kind of sports and competitions, we should allow that just because we need threads ? I really do not see the point of having more threads, I prefer to have less impressions on the forum but to have threads with a criteria than the forum to be a jungle where everyone can open the first thread it comes to his mind.

hello i'm bestmen , i can't log in with my username

is there any reason ? i tried with IE and Firefox

i see this option @Sindo also doesn't work

7 minutes ago, veve said:

hello i'm bestmen , i can't log in with my username

is there any reason ? i tried with IE and Firefox

i see this option @Sindo also doesn't work

Please try again now, it should be ok. I will then delete that account.

• 1 month later...

Can't we just stop with these shenanigans of things like changing an NBA thread to a 'National Leagues Discussion Thread' (with capital letters for every word, which by the way is annoying)? I don't give a rat's ass about all other national leagues, that's exactly why I opened an NBA thread, to keep the NBA (by far the biggest) separate from all the other stuff. 

Just, let it go, give your users some freedom, seriously. I'm barely even opening threads because anyway someone will change it in some way, because there is a 0,01% difference with the exact convention that is needed or something. It's so frustrating. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Can't we just stop with these shenanigans of things like changing an NBA thread to a 'National Leagues Discussion Thread' (with capital letters for every word, which by the way is annoying)? I don't give a rat's ass about all other national leagues, that's exactly why I opened an NBA thread, to keep the NBA (by far the biggest) separate from all the other stuff. 

Just, let it go, give your users some freedom, seriously. I'm barely even opening threads because anyway someone will change it in some way, because there is a 0,01% difference with the exact convention that is needed or something. It's so frustrating. 

I have changed it back to NBA, but if other national league threads will be opened in the future those thread will be merged into the same one. And I thought it was ok to have a thread where to talk about all national leagues instead of the general discussion thread, and the same could be done for Football and other team sports.

Let's say tomorrow a user from Lesotho register and opens a thread about Lesotho national championship, do you think that thread should stand alone ?

I understand you and other users find the conventions too systematic and pedant, but without them the forum would become a huge mess where to find a thread you are interested in you would need several time.

2 minutes ago, Sindo said:

I have changed it back to NBA, but if other national league threads will be opened in the future those thread will be merged into the same one. And I thought it was ok to have a thread where to talk about all national leagues instead of the general discussion thread, and the same could be done for Football and other team sports.

Let's say tomorrow a user from Lesotho register and opens a thread about Lesotho national championship, do you think that thread should stand alone ?

I understand you and other users find the conventions too systematic and pedant, but without them the forum would become a huge mess where to find a thread you are interested in you would need several time.

But NBA is so much bigger than all other national leagues. Why not have one for the NBA (which in general is the main/biggest/best competition), and one for the other national leagues? Just like in football the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga and possibly Ligue 1 deserve an own thread and the rest can all be thrown together. 

We have a 'subforum' for every Olympic sport, use it. It's ok to have a good number of threads in a 'subforum', that's the whole point of this kind of subforums. A basketball subforum which is filled with all kinds of basketball threads, a road cycling subforum which is filled with all kinds of road cycling threads, etc. Having a subforum about one sport filled with 15 threads (national league, some fun thread someone comes up with etc) really makes more sense than an entire subforum with one 'discussion thread' and one 'all national leagues' thread or something. 

If new user A wants to talk about biathlon, he'll go to the biathlon subforum. It's easy, and having 10 threads in a biathlon subforum does not make that harder. The strict thing should be that threads about sport A should be in subforum of sport A (obviously, so there's no water polo thread in the cycling subforum), but inside of the subforums, it really should be less strict. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!