website statistics

Totallympics Suggestions and Problems Thread

Gianlu33

29 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Wait, now there are no notifications at all anymore (I mean, for example a quote or mention or reputation had a check, which I as user couldn't change, but that's alright...now it has an X which I as user can't change, but those are the things I do want notifications for :d ) :red:

:smoke: Check now

6 minutes ago, Sindo said:

:smoke: Check now

:cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

Not yet i think. The flag isn't approved yet by IOC and UN

But it is still their flag... also we could add Vatican City?

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

20 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

New (dumb) flag for Mauritania, new (and improved) look for Totallympics... I like :yes 

PS and :yes smiley is still without ":" at the end :d 

Other smilies have ":" at the end? :p 

:p and :d are literally the only ones I know without having to look it up (well and ;) but that's sooooooo 'know it all'-like so I hate using it :p )

Half of the time I want :cheer: I type *O* because that's how it is on a Dutch forum before realizing here I have to look it up first :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Question about the results portal? Why are there no brackets used (like in tennis) in sports where a bracket is the way it works?

For example in judo, posts and things are so incredibly long, it's just not readable. Why would anyone want to look there instead of for example on Wikipedia, where almost an entire weight class fits in one or maybe two screens and you have the advantage of clicking on an athlete's name to see their Wiki page?

Not to sound too complaining, but I find it a little hard to see any advantage of using the Totallympics results portal vs a way bigger site like Wikipedia for almost all sports (at least world championships). I see the advantage for small competitions, but for tennis Grand Slams or big world champs or anything, Wikipedia is a million times more user-friendly and that's not gonna change.. 

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Other smilies have ":" at the end? :p 

:p and :d are literally the only ones I know without having to look it up (well and ;) but that's sooooooo 'know it all'-like so I hate using it :p )

Half of the time I want :cheer: I type *O* because that's how it is on a Dutch forum before realizing here I have to look it up first :p 

Most of them had it. :cheer: for instance. Of course, the simple ones are without the dots.