website statistics

Totallympics Suggestions and Problems Thread

Gianlu33

It seems to be working fine now :)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I hate to be that guy. But we really need some more active mods that actually ban people from posting. The shitshow and constant OT by a couple of the users on the athletics world championship thread have been very toxic and has probably turn down more than a few people.

On a side note, and generally speaking, I feel people should be encouraged to post their own thread about side subjects (for instance, the new women 50KM walking event could/should have had its own thread).. At the end of the day, the general - insert sport - discussion thread might be conter productive.

4 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

I hate to be that guy. But we really need some more active mods that actually ban people from posting. The shitshow and constant OT by a couple of the users on the athletics world championship thread have been very toxic and has probably turn down more than a few people.

On a side note, and generally speaking, I feel people should be encouraged to post their own thread about side subjects (for instance, the new women 50KM walking event could/should have had its own thread).. At the end of the day, the general - insert sport - discussion thread might be conter productive.

Agree on the first part, we have to work on that in the future.

I don't agree in having random threads about the first subject comes to my mind to any user. We would have up having too many threads, many of them with no general interest at all. We have already increased the total number of threads recently with having separated threads for threads with more than 15 replies.

il y a 3 minutes, Sindo a déclaré:

Agree on the first part, we have to work on that in the future.

I don't agree in having random threads about the first subject comes to my mind to any user. We would have up having too many threads, many of them with no general interest at all. We have already increased the total number of threads recently with having separated threads for threads with more than 15 replies.

Good news for the first part :)

About the second one, I guess you're not a fan of supply economics ? :rolleyes: I don't really see how having threads with no general interest is such a bad idea. At worst, they will be short lived and forgotten, at best, they will allow more users to engage on more subjects for a longer period of time. They might even trigger new users to post on these subjects.

If anything, more threads means more different pages to be indexed, and thus more chances to be find out via a random google search..

tbh, every popular board I know let users post their own thread (under some guidance ofc)

• 2 weeks later...

Why are several notification options disabled by the administrator, which I suppose is @Sindo? I feel severely restricted in my freedom, so if you could just enable it so I can decide for myself what I get notifications for...grazie mille :p 

b44f069cd7.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

52 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Why are several notification options disabled by the administrator, which I suppose is @Sindo? I feel severely restricted in my freedom, so if you could just enable it so I can decide for myself what I get notifications for...grazie mille :p 

b44f069cd7.png

I have enabled some options that you can now change in your notification settings page. Some other of them are impossible to change even for me.

Wait, now there are no notifications at all anymore (I mean, for example a quote or mention or reputation had a check, which I as user couldn't change, but that's alright...now it has an X which I as user can't change, but those are the things I do want notifications for :d ) :red: