website statistics

Totallympics Suggestions and Problems Thread

Gianlu33

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

I remembered this rebel thread. :d It was rather active actually. :p

Wonderful, that gives hope :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Why don't add at last the podium of the competitions on the theareds as @hckosice did, for example, in the canoe slalom theared? 

That should be fine of course, but it shouldn't be some sort of forced rule. I wouldn't open a thread if it's obligated to post all kinds of podiums and whatnot and everything in a forced exact same way etc. Someone who wants to do that should do that, someone who doesn't want to do that shouldn't have to do that (and should still be allowed to open a thread without the opening post being changed to fit the exact strict format for example). 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, dcro said:

New user in Tour de Suisse thread. :woohoo:@heywoodu did some magic. :bowdown:

Bow_a65aeb_829497.jpg

:cool:

I understand the point. The general discussion thread is necessary, because we can not have thousands of threads with just few posts inside each of them, but I agree some threads should be separated, otherwise  after few months it will be impossible to find comments about an event held at the start of the year in a thread with many replies.

My plan for the future is to decide whether a thread "deserves" to be by its own instead of inside the general thread with an objective criteria. The objective criteria is of course how many replies there are about that subject (event-news-general thread, whatever). This is not so easy though because there is not an automatic tool which could split the thread, it should be handled by a person who would split and/or merge threads.

I think this could be a daily "job" for someone who wants to become a moderator and take care of this on a daily basis, checking all the threads and splitting them according to the objective criteria we will have decided. I can not do that right now because I am working far from my home until the end of the year and I want to spend my time on Totallympics mainly on the results portal.     

Any volounteers ? :d

5 hours ago, dcro said:

New user in Tour de Suisse thread. :woohoo:@heywoodu did some magic. :bowdown:

@Melonade Have you actually found the forum searching for something about Tour de Suisse? :d Or you already knew the forum since some time? Just a curiosity which could help us to understand if splitting the thread could help to find more users in the future.

I agree with @heywoodu. There is a definite need for more sub-forums here. In the old forum I was way more up-to-date and active in terms of discovering and discussing about events and sports that I generally would not encounter. But here it tends to pass me by because as heywoodu pointed out, I won't click into some threads like "Basketball Discussion Thread" because it generally doesn't interest me. But I probably would click into a thread called "Basketball European Championship News" or something similar to keep myself informed and maybe get a grasp of what is happening.

This could very well be a way to find more users. This forum really needs some fresh blood and hopefully they will have more ideas of how to make it better again. Plus the more users we gain, the greater the chances of gaining more users as more and more people discover Totallympics and spread the news.