website statistics

Totallympics Suggestions and Problems Thread

Gianlu33

42 minuty temu, LDOG napisał:

Is there any point in having two different discussion threads for each team sport in multi-sport events that aren't the olympics?

I mean, how many posts you will see about women's or men's [insert team sport] at the asian games? 

There are threads even for wrestling and badminton :wacko: I can understand that these sports are popular in Asia and that Asian Games are second most important multi-sport event after Olympics but I didn't saw separate threads for every sport for example at Pan American Games. Also why we have the thread for tennis tournament in Cincinnati if we haven't a thread for tournament in Montreal/Toronto? I think that we need separate threads for tennis only at Olympics and Grand Slams, for all other tournaments we can disscuss in one thread, otherwise we will back step by step for old totallympics and hundred threads without disscussions but with just results.

hace 14 minutos, rybak said:

There are threads even for wrestling and badminton :wacko: I can understand that these sports are popular in Asia and that Asian Games are second most important multi-sport event after Olympics but I didn't saw separate threads for every sport for example at Pan American Games. Also why we have the thread for tennis tournament in Cincinnati if we haven't a thread for tournament in Montreal/Toronto? I think that we need separate threads for tennis only at Olympics and Grand Slams, for all other tournaments we can disscuss in one thread, otherwise we will back step by step for old totallympics and hundred threads without disscussions but with just results.

There were separate threads at 2015 pan am if i remember well. It's just that we used the main thread to comment a lot (but mostly about the progress of medal table).

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

Is there any point in having two different discussion threads for each team sport in multi-sport events that aren't the olympics?

I mean, how many posts you will see about women's or men's [insert team sport] at the asian games? 

As for team sports, only for Field Hockey because it's an olympic qualification event. Same for the other 3 individual sports which are qualifying events (archery, sailing and tennis). And a few other sports which could have lots of posts, to avoid having them all in the main thread. I have thought about Athletics and Swimming (big sports), Badminton and Wrestling (very high level).

If there won't be many comments it will be very easy and quick to merge the thread in that sport's discussion thread at the end of the Asian Games. And vice versa, if many comments in the main thread will be about one single sport, we can split the posts into a separate thread.

7 hours ago, rybak said:

To be fair, nothing wrong with a wrestling thread for a wrestling tournament or a badminton thread for a badminton tournament. I mean, we have threads for U15 World Cups in an American sport like baseball :d 

I think the point is more about a men's basketball thread and a women's basketball thread and stuff like that.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, since yesterday the forum has been slower than a supercentenarian with ankle weights. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!