website statistics

Totallympics Suggestions and Problems Thread

Gianlu33

8 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

What about a new set of flags ? (not animated, not from an html page of the 90's....)

Do you mean the animated flags look old ?

We can discuss about a new set of flag in the future, I thought the animated ones are the best but I am so used to see them that I did not even thing about any other set :d

I like the animated flags in posts where there's 1 or 2 flags (like the one where you presented the IOC flag just above this one), but in posts with 10+ flags it's kinda getting annoying when half your screen keeps moving :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

il y a 2 minutes, Sindo a déclaré:

Do you mean the animated flags look old ?

We can discuss about a new set of flag in the future, I thought the animated ones are the best but I am so used to see them that I did not even thing about any other set :d

Yes, very much. It reminds me of the early internet pages when peopele added animated things everywhere.

No need for remplacement for the ones who like them. You could simply add a second set.

Or possibly, even better, let the users add their own smilley/gifs in the database.

4 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Yes, very much. It reminds me of the early internet pages when peopele added animated things everywhere.

No need for remplacement for the ones who like them. You could simply add a second set.

Or possibly, even better, let the users add their own smilley/gifs in the database.

You can add any kind of image you want, so whenever you want you can use other kind of flags like: 300px-Civil_and_Naval_Ensign_of_France.s31c7HGp1BQL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpgs-l300.jpg

But we are talking about which ones to be the "standard" flags, which are uploaded on Totallympics and so they have 2 important features:

1) A shortcut can be used, which now is :+IOC country code and you will have the flag in your post

2) They will never go down until Totallympics will not be down. Which is very important because if you rely on a third party website, if that website will go down one day you will not be able to see the flag on Totallympics anymore.

Also, a problem of the still flags (and it's the reason why I decided to use the animated flags back then) is that we have a completely white background here so the flags with a lot of white get mixed with the background.

Examples:

2000px-Flag_of_Algeria.svg.png

1200px-Flag_of_Indonesia.svg.png

2000px-Flag_of_Japan_(Pantone).svg.png

And take into account in the results portal there is not even the edge around the flag so you do not even realize where the flag ends.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, i think before the Rio olympics we had a thread where everyone could predict the number of athletes his/her nation would qualify for the olympics.

I think it would be nice to have that again and if no one else already planned to do it, i would like to open a thread like that. Of course we aren't in a hurry, considering that it will be a couple more months before the first qualification events will take place, i just wanted to see if there is any interest in a thread like that?

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Hi, i think before the Rio olympics we had a thread where everyone could predict the number of athletes his/her nation would qualify for the olympics.

I think it would be nice to have that again and if no one else already planned to do it, i would like to open a thread like that. Of course we aren't in a hurry, considering that it will be a couple more months before the first qualification events will take place, i just wanted to see if there is any interest in a thread like that?

I was personally considering doing the same and thought about doing it when the qualifying systems are out :)
So yeah, plenty of interest ;)