website statistics

Totallympics Suggestions and Problems Thread

Gianlu33

On 1/1/2018 at 15:40, De_Gambassi said:

I've allready told you. Let it go.

No official thread, no template, no nothing. Just a bunch of mods that make sure everything stays in place (more or less).

There is not a single exemple of a sucesfull forum anywhere on the internet that works the way you intend to. They let people having their own discussion the way they chose, they don't intend to have every discussions to stick in preconceived spaces. Fundementaly, they let the users to make the forum their own.

Your way doesn't work, it never will.

You could strike gold with this forum, but as long as you stick with this backward policy, it will never reach its potential. Every time, I'm loggin, I'm saddened that basically nothing is going on. You've put up a great tool. Now let people use it, they might surpise you.

Just quoting this and kicking this thread to the top so more users might bring in some suggestions. I'm on the verge of closing Totallympics and being done with it, when even a semi-critical/sarcastic post is deleted, a schedule can not and will not be allowed in an opening post (because heaven's forbid, someone looks at the schedule instead of clicks on the results portal).....

These North Korea-esque things make me stand at my desk sort of like this at the moment:

giphy.gif

Totallympics is so awesome, but all this sort of dictatorship-like things suck so bad. Every single forum in the world is better in that part, whereas Totallympics beats every single (international) forum in the world when it's about the diversity of sports being discussed.

Ugh. For f*ck's sake. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Just quoting this and kicking this thread to the top so more users might bring in some suggestions. I'm on the verge of closing Totallympics and being done with it, when even a semi-critical/sarcastic post is deleted, a schedule can not and will not be allowed in an opening post (because heaven's forbid, someone looks at the schedule instead of clicks on the results portal).....

These North Korea-esque things make me stand at my desk sort of like this at the moment:

giphy.gif

Totallympics is so awesome, but all this sort of dictatorship-like things suck so bad. Every single forum in the world is better in that part, whereas Totallympics beats every single (international) forum in the world when it's about the diversity of sports being discussed.

Ugh. For f*ck's sake. 

People spend time and energies in the results forum, so I will not give up on this. If you are so against the results forum that you do not even want to click a button to open the link it doesn't mean nobody does it.

It is pretty much the only rule of the forum, few years ago the "rules" were much stricter. I am not even asking users to spend time and do the format by themselves, but just to leave the first post free and an admin will put the right format. From the second post on, you can post whatever you want.

47 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Good luck guessing where to post ;)

@heywoodu

5a525546ebf2f_2018-01-07(1).thumb.png.59e4f3ac6e29310ac3201b50b7a70d30.png

:lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

39 minutes ago, Sindo said:

I am so sure users are smart enough to be able to find the right thread where to post :p

Discussing the Tour de Ski is possible in two threads, much like the Four Hills Tournament, because for some reason all those results are copy-pasted in both threads all the time, so I guess reacting to it in both of them is fine too :p 

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Discussing the Tour de Ski is possible in two threads, much like the Four Hills Tournament, because for some reason all those results are copy-pasted in both threads all the time, so I guess reacting to it in both of them is fine too :p 

Having more threads is one of the things you and some other users required and we are going towards that direction. And if there is a separated thread for Tour de Ski of course all the posts about Tour de Ski should be in that thread and not in the World Cup one.

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

Why not call this thread "Le Cafe" or something like that?

Totallympics should follow 2020 Agenda and be urban. :evil:

It's Agenda 2020, not 2020 Agenda. Well, actually Olympic Agenda 2020. 

Keep your facts straight.