website statistics

Totallympics Suggestions and Problems Thread

Gianlu33

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Sindo's snowflakes are getting highly contagious. :p

Wait, what on earth is this? I mean that page :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...
Sur 30/12/2016 at 21:17 , Sindo a déclaré:

NBForumLogo.png.98b6af187fb78939dbb05300

Hello everyone, 2017 is going to start soon and it's now time to open the new 2017 Discussion Threads for each of the Summer Olympic Sports.

I ask the users, everyone who wants to do that, to open the threads in the next 3 days, so that the threads will be opened by different users.

You can choose one or more sports (let's say no more than 3 per users in the first 24 hours), go in the section, check the 2017 Discussion Thread has not been already opened and open the new thread, with the title SPORT 2017 Discussion Thread, where instead of "SPORT" you obviously write the name of that sport :d.

The first will be empty (don't put any comments there), choose the logo of the sport from this post , where vinipereira has uploaded all the logos, copy and paste it in your thread.

The most discussed sport events will then have a separate thread but we will see during the year how to deal with that.

I have already splitted all the winter sports discussion threads into 2015 - 2016 and 2016 - 2017 Discussion Threads.

Happy 2017 everyone!

21ytw7.jpg

Sindo, why are you doing this ? It doesn't work, it never will . That's not how message boards work....

1 hour ago, De_Gambassi said:

21ytw7.jpg

Sindo, why are you doing this ? It doesn't work, it never will . That's not how message boards work....

Not sure to understand what you are talking about. Are you talking about the Discussion Threads ? What is your proposal ?

il y a 32 minutes, Sindo a déclaré:

Not sure to understand what you are talking about. Are you talking about the Discussion Threads ? What is your proposal ?

I've allready told you. Let it go.

No official thread, no template, no nothing. Just a bunch of mods that make sure everything stays in place (more or less).

There is not a single exemple of a sucesfull forum anywhere on the internet that works the way you intend to. They let people having their own discussion the way they chose, they don't intend to have every discussions to stick in preconceived spaces. Fundementaly, they let the users to make the forum their own.

Your way doesn't work, it never will.

You could strike gold with this forum, but as long as you stick with this backward policy, it will never reach its potential. Every time, I'm loggin, I'm saddened that basically nothing is going on. You've put up a great tool. Now let people use it, they might surpise you.

Edited by De_Gambassi

1 hour ago, De_Gambassi said:

I've allready told you. Let it go.

No official thread, no template, no nothing. Just a bunch of mods that make sure everything stays in place (more or less).

There is not a single exemple of a sucesfull forum anywhere on the internet that works the way you intend to. They let people having their own discussion the way they chose, they don't intend to have every discussions to stick in preconceived spaces. Fundementaly, they let the users to make the forum their own.

Your way doesn't work, it never will.

You could strike gold with this forum, but as long as you stick with this backward policy, it will never reach its potential. Every time, I'm loggin, I'm saddened that basically nothing is going on. You've put up a great tool. Now let people use it, they might surpise you.

I understand your point of view. I don't agree with the view "let the users to make the forum their own", that would be anarchy and I don't believe anarchy could work anywhere, not even on a sports forum.

Anyway, we will try to have more separated threads for competitions in the future so that the discussion threads will be just for smaller events or general news.