website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yes, sport is the thing that prevents many children from staring at their computer screen 24/7. :evil:

There's a difference between a "nerd" and a professional. :p 

Many professional gamers do workouts and prepare in a gym for fitness and stamina at this point.

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

5 minutes ago, Quasit said:

There's a difference between a "nerd" and a professional. :p

Many professional gamers do workouts and prepare in a gym for fitness and stamina at this point.

And I'm pretty sure those workouts have nothing to do with game itself. It's just gym lads being gym lads. :p

I actually watched some CS:GO tournaments, and most of the guys there didn't look like some fitness lovers. :p This by the way leads to another problem, the inexistance of women's e-sports. :lol:

#banbestmen

8 minutes ago, dcro said:

And I'm pretty sure those workouts have nothing to do with game itself. It's just gym lads being gym lads. :p

I actually watched some CS:GO tournaments, and most of the guys there didn't look like some fitness lovers. :p This by the way leads to another problem, the inexistance of women's e-sports. :lol:

Of course working out doesn't have anything to do with the games themselves. It's for fitness and building stamina. :d

Most E-sports have been "Open Class" but yeah, men clearly have the upper hand when it comes to professional playing.

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

Pretty logical that one has to do workouts to keep up the insane pace those Koreans throw in the mix :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 20/4/2017 at 03:14, dcro said:

Asian Games will also have jet ski in 2018. :lol:

Yes.. It was a desperate thing from my country to achieve "15 gold medals" or "top 10 position" in 2018

But since we are dealing with more countries, we can't really force our way like in the Southeast Asian Games :lol:

In SEA Games, the host can freely include or exclude events in order to gain more medals. No country will really object the decision since they also have done it when they are hosting the SEA Games..

OCA published the number of events and sports for the 2018 Asian Games, this is from few days ago but I didn't notice that before. they made revolutionary changes in the program, huge huge changes. I understand Indonesia saved OCA after Vietnam gave up hosting the event very late but still I can't believe they let them make such big changes ! they have this program to benefit Indonesia, :thumbdown: we were supposed to have Kurash, Roller skating, skateboaring and Sambo here as well but fortunately they removed them from the program. these changes will change the medal table A LOT, I mean China, Japan and Korea will be in top 3 for sure but that will change a lot for the rest.

here I'm comparing the events with previous program, the only sport they completely dropped from the program comparing to 2014 was Cricket, not a bad idea when top Asian countries (India, Pakistan etc) didn't take it serious.

Diving (10) - no change, we will have Olympics events plus 1m events.

Swimming (32) - they cut 6 non-Olympics 50 meters evens, can't say I'm sorry about that

Synchronized Swimming (3) - no change

Water Polo (2) - no change

Archery (10) - We already had compound in the program They added two more events, both mixed team events. not a good idea but Indonesia wants that.

Athletics (46) - they dropped one event from 47, most probably the 50kg walk event.

Badminton (7) - no change as expected, this is their national sport !

Baseball (1) - no change

Softball (1) - no change

Basketball (4) - Surprisingly they added 3-on-3 basketball as well.

Bowling (6) - They cut it from 12 events to 6 ! A very good decision, this is not fair to award several medals for doing EXACTLY the same things.

Boxing (12) - They dropped one from 13. I don't know how, did AIBA change the weight classes again ?

Bridge (6) - what the hell is this ? is this even a sport ? what a shame

Canoeing (16) - no change

Cycling (16) - They dropped 3 track events and added 1 MTB event ! track event was already tiny thanks to IOC, this is really disappointing, I wonder which events won't be in 2018 program.

Equestrian (6) - no change, this is in the program at the moment but apparently not finalized yet and they may drop the whole sport, will decide about it after the Asian federation election.

Fencing (10) - unbelievable ! they did the same as IOC probably dropping two team events. but no details I don't know which events will be gone. but I guess this will be the same as 2020 program.

Football (2) - no change

Golf (2) - They dropped both team events, not a bad idea in my opinion.

Gymnastics (18) - no change

Handball (2) - no change, believe it or not, Indonesia wanted Handball go but OCA at least didn't let this one happen.

Hockey (2) - no change

Jet Ski (3) - No comment !

Judo (14) - They dropped both team events, don't complain about this as well

Kabaddi (2) - no change, surprised they didn't drop this one as a non-Olympic sport

Karate (13) - no change

JuJitsu (8) - This is another stupid new addition, I don't know what's the deal between OCA and Jujitsu, but they are supporting this sport A LOT, only this one is not probably an Indonesian addition.

Pencak Silat (16) - LOL , I knew this will be in the program but seriously 16 events ??!! this sport almost doesn't exist outside of Southeast Asia !

Wushu (12) - They dropped 3 events, I'm almost sure that's from Sanda and not Taolu cuz Indonesia sucks in Sanda. the sanda program was already very tiny, if they drop men's Sanda events that will be a VERY bad news for my country.

Modern Pentathlon (4) - no change, surprised they kept the team events

Paragliding (6) - No comment ! :wall::wall:

Rowing (15) - they added one more event here, I have no idea what's that new event,

Rugby Sevens (2) - no change

Sailing (10) - They cut 4 events here. making it similar to Olympic program probably.

Sepak Takraw (6) - no change, this is exactly where we needed to drop something, only "regu" event should stay

Shooting (18) - This is where the BIGGEST change happened. we had 44 events in Incheon, and now only 18 !!! with 18 I don't know if we will have any mixed team event or not but I guess this is 2016 Olympics program + 3 more individual events.

Soft Tennis (5) - they probably dropped both team events, I would be happier with the whole soft tennis gone.

Sport Climbing (8) - The only new addition that I fully support. but having 8 events making me wonder what's the last event ? a mixed event the same as 2020 Olympics or a speed team event to help Indonesia ?

Squash (4) - no change

Table Tennis (4) - unbelievable , this sport is QUITE popular in Asia and we always had full program in this sport and now they dropped 3, most probably all doubles events. what a shame.

Tennis (5) - They dropped both team events the same as soft tennis. well we always had team events in tennis, that was traditional at the Asian Games

Taekwondo (16) - no change, there were rumors about dropping non-Olympic weights but I'm glad they were not true.

Triathlon (3) - no change

Volleyball (4) - no change

Weightlifting (16) - they added the new weight of women's 90kg to the program as expected.

Wrestling (18) - Very sad for a wrestling fan like me, they dropped non-Olympic weights, that was expected though but very disappointing :(

Edited by MHSN