website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Water skiing is actually a cool sport, I got to experience it live in 2015 at the Pan American Games. Canada usually does well as well, so that doesn't hurt :p

For 2019, women will compete in wakeboarding for the first time.

As for bodybuilding it is only 2 events (one men and one women, 16 athletes each). Nothing like in the Asian Games where they had 10 weight categories. 

4 hours ago, konig said:

I was expecting somebody to say this.......a big WTF i said when i read that "sport".

This is only the "bonus" sport/event that PASO has been giving to host countries since 2007. Shouldn't be on the program tough, this "sport" is full of dopers.

30 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

This is only the "bonus" sport/event that PASO has been giving to host countries since 2007. Shouldn't be on the program tough, this "sport" is full of dopers.

So Peru chose this? Didn't know they were good in Bodybuilding.

I remember Brazil went with Futsal in 2007 which was a good choice (gold), but it was only ONE event.

31 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

I remember Brazil went with Futsal in 2007 which was a good choice (gold), but it was only ONE event.

Peru chose Basque pelota and bodybuilding. However, surfing was their primary choice, but that was auto added because of its addition to Tokyo 2020.

Canada didn't choose a sport in 2015, but rather a event (women's baseball), which has been dropped from Lima 2019.

4 hours ago, vinipereira said:

And Mexico added Basque Pelota (4 events), while Canada added Women's Baseball.

I don't know if they are good, but the sport is popular in that country, so maybe they're expecting a medal. Remember Peru is far from being competitive even at this level.

I think they're expecting gold in Men's Singles squash, plus some outside chances in Karate and Surf.