website statistics

Olympic Videos & Pictures

dcro

On 20.03.2016 at 10:57 AM, Griff88 said:

1952 Summer Olympics? Interesting :clap:

sure it is :), i`m always watching my whole collection from April before summer games :)

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

Most of the Olympic movies are very "by the book", but I just watched on TV the Barcelona 1992 film and I like it very much, especially because of its "unconventional" style. Certainly one of my favourites now.

Brazilian channel SporTV also has an interesting show called "Classic" in which they're showing full replays of past Olympics events. After the 1992 movie, they had the Basketball final between USA and Croatia.

• 2 weeks later...

...1968 the year of the start of the so-called "inter-comunist cold hockey war"... There is absolutely no doubt that the most emotionally charged games in the history of international hockey were the matches between Czechoslovakia and the Soviet Union at 1969 IIHF World Championship in Stockholm. These were the games which the Czechoslovaks simply could not lose. but in fact everything started 1 year ago, in this famous match in Grenoble... already at that time it was felt something wrong and manacing in the air...

“We said to ourselves, even if we have to die on the ice, we have to beat them,” said team captain Jozef Golonka in an interview many years later. “We received hundreds of telegrams from fans back home. Almost all of them said: ‘Beat the Soviets. You don’t have to beat anyone else. Just beat the Soviets.’”

btw Golonka is the man at 2:31, knocking with his stick on the ice, and singing something not publishable. one of the most provocative moment in sport history :lol: but at those times extremely sweet...thanks god those times disappeared forever