website statistics

Olympic Videos & Pictures

dcro

Its great that IOC uploaded all the competition videos of London 2012 olympic games to youtube, but i am missing mens basketball final. Does someone know where i can find it?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Well, I managed to find some parts of Squaw Valley 1960 movie. Official movie is longer than this 28 minutes.

And here is an interesting part about biathlon at those games. Some of the comments that spokesman of the movie says here are quite funny. :d

#banbestmen

19 hours ago, dcro said:

And here is an interesting part about biathlon at those games. Some of the comments that spokesman of the movie says here are quite funny. :d

Oh that's absolutely wonderful :d

"This is...hardly a spectactors sport. Only race officials are allowed on the course" :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 3/16/2016 at 11:48 PM, dcro said:

Perhaps "Olympic History" would be a better name for the thread. Doesn't necessarily has to be a video. :)

2006 Torino movie is also one of my favourties. Though, my absolute favourite is Squaw Valley 1960 movie, but I can't find that on the internet (watched it on TV too few years ago). I only managed to find some parts about figure skating.

Any title about Olympics is perfect :d

IOC started to publish Olympic stories/history videos on their channel, let's hope they will publish Squaw Valley and all the rest Olympics :d

On 17/3/2016 at 5:01 PM, Pavlo said:

I have the whole official IOC collection of Winter & Summer Olympics movies on dvds (from 1952, without Munich 1972), nice one. Plus i`m recording whole Olympic Games since 2000 (summer games), sure i`m making short versions after that. I`m recording Winter Games on a bigger scale since 2010 when we became stronger (winter games are far less important for me)

1952 Summer Olympics? Interesting :clap: