website statistics

Olympic Videos & Pictures

dcro

So, as the title says here we can post Olympic movies, videos and similar stuff. This can be great excitement builder for the upcoming Olympics, especially since we can already count the weeks to Rio.

To start with, here is the Olympic movie of 1980 Summer Olympics. I remember watching this movie years ago on TV (on ESPN classic I believe), but I couldn't find it anywhere on the internet at the time. It was the first Olympic movie I watched and I really enjoyed it. But looks like it is available on youtube now. 1980 Moscow Olympics definitely had their problems, but this is a very nice movie nevertheless!

#banbestmen

34 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

Great topic :thumbup:

This is one of my favourites

Perhaps "Olympic History" would be a better name for the thread. Doesn't necessarily has to be a video. :)

2006 Torino movie is also one of my favourties. Though, my absolute favourite is Squaw Valley 1960 movie, but I can't find that on the internet (watched it on TV too few years ago). I only managed to find some parts about figure skating.

#banbestmen

Wonderful gymnastics performance in 1924, including synchronized sit-ups :bowdown:

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I have the whole official IOC collection of Winter & Summer Olympics movies on dvds (from 1952, without Munich 1972), nice one. Plus i`m recording whole Olympic Games since 2000 (summer games), sure i`m making short versions after that. I`m recording Winter Games on a bigger scale since 2010 when we became stronger (winter games are far less important for me)

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

Great topic! Although I love all the films made on the olympics, this has to be my favourite:

This is my favourite from the winter olympics:

Edited by Suneet

3 hours ago, Pavlo said:

I have the whole official IOC collection of Winter & Summer Olympics movies on dvds (from 1952, without Munich 1972), nice one. Plus i`m recording whole Olympic Games since 2000 (summer games), sure i`m making short versions after that. I`m recording Winter Games on a bigger scale since 2010 when we became stronger (winter games are far less important for me)

Wow, that's excellent collection of Official Olympic movies!

#banbestmen