website statistics

How Many Medals do You Expect from Your Nation at the Summer Olympic Games 2016?

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

I am not a fan of talking about our medal chances (I feel like I will jinx them :p). But anyway, this should be for Croatia.

Athletics 1-2
Boxing 0-1

Handball 1?

Rowing 1-2

Sailling 1-2

Shooting 1-2

Taekwondo 0-2

Water Polo 1

I guess it could go very well in terms of medal, but that's all I'm going to say. :zip:

I think there's a much bigger chance that you'll lose everything and win 0 medals and not even make any finals  :evil:

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor einer Stunde schrieb hckosice:

I´ll add also some slim chances for a great result, let say in the top 5. are also in

Athletics - 50km Walk Race

A slim chance? ;) I admit the 50km Race Walk contains a higher share of unpredictability than other events, but my pre-race favourites for Gold and Silver are Matej Toth and Yohan Diniz. I really think (and hope) Toth will make it as long as he is in good shape and I did not miss any injuries prior to the Games.

1 minute ago, LowerSaxony said:

A slim chance? ;) I admit the 50km Race Walk contains a higher share of unpredictability than other events, but my pre-race favourites for Gold and Silver are Matej Toth and Yohan Diniz. I really think (and hope) Toth will make it as long as he is in good shape and I did not miss any injuries prior to the Games.

well, we don´t know what exactly to expect. He was injured almost 2 months this March-April with a inflamed tendon in his leg, so he missed some important races to watch his this years comparison with opponents like the Dudince race but what is more important he missed 2 months of training ! He restarted the whole preparation since early May, so really don´t know what to expect...

btw just yesterday he posted on his facebook this

One of the best weeks of my career: fast 25k, great 40k, and 205k in the week (pb)

well, close to the opening it`s time to have a final prediction for us. Sure, with this Russian mix-up it`s a bit difficult but i`ll try.

So - pesimistic version is again only 10 medals with 2 golds

Realistic version - 12 medals with 3 golds with maybe 1 medal in team sports

Optimistic version - 13-14 medals with 1 medal in team sports with 4 golds

Crazy version - 15 or more medals, 5 or more golds, team sport gold.

Let`s focus on more realistic versions, so:

Athletics 4-5 medals: hammer throwx2, men`s discus 1, 1-2 more in men`s hammer throw / discus / shot put / pole vault / 800m / 400m hurdles and woman`s 800m / 1500m / high jump

Fencing: 0-1 (woman`s sabre team or Socha ind)

Judo: rather 0

Taekwondo: 0-1 (Robak)

Weightlifting: 1 (A. Zieliński)

Boxing: 0 (but Jabłoński with a good draw can be close)

Wrestling: Gadzhiev and all 4 girls can be close, i`d say 1

Gymnastics + Equestrian + Triathlon + Modern 5-thlon + Golf + Archery + Table Tennis + Diving + Synchro + Open Water: 0

Shooting + Badminton: probably 0 (but Bogacka, Jarmolińska can have their day)

Beach Volleyball + Tennis: 0-1 (in tennis Radwańska / mixed double / men`s double but i doubt it)

Handball + Volleyball: 0-1

Swimming: 1 (Kawęcki has a big chance, Czerniak, Świtkowski, men`s relays have some outside chances, maybe someone new will appear)

Sailing: 1 (Myszka / Białecka / Przybytek Kołodziński)

Canoe Slalom: rather 0 since Polaczyk lost internal qualifs being in terrible shape (C-2 is our best outside chance)

Canoe Sprint: 2-3 (Walczykiewicz 200m, k-1 500 / k2 / k4 women / c-2 men)

Rowing: 1-2 (2 and 4 woman, men`s 4 and 8 have an outside chance only, lightweights too)

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

For Egypt I expect five medals even after what happened to ihab abderhman but I don't expect any gold

Sports mostly will be :

Weightlifting judo taekowndo boxing shooting fencing or modern pentathion

Actually I really don't know what to expect. Just a few days ago I was talking about it with my father and he said that he thinks we can get around 15 medals! But I have no idea who could take them :d We have some chances in athletics, rowing, canoeing. Maybe shooting, maybe some surprise from cycling or modern pentathlon. So hopefully 1-10 medals I guess.

1 hour ago, Niikka90 said:

Actually I really don't know what to expect. Just a few days ago I was talking about it with my father and he said that he thinks we can get around 15 medals! But I have no idea who could take them :d We have some chances in athletics, rowing, canoeing. Maybe shooting, maybe some surprise from cycling or modern pentathlon. So hopefully 1-10 medals I guess.

Your doubles teams are amongst the favourites in tennis. :)