website statistics

Argentina National Thread

LDOG

Curious results in friendlies for our hockey teams...

Women's

:ARG (U-21) 4 - 1  :KOR 

:ARG (Senior) 1 - 2 :KOR 

:ARG (U-21) 2 - 2 :NZL 

:ARG (Senior) 2 - 5 :NZL 

:ARG (U-21) 5 - 1 :KOR 

:ARG (Senior) 3 - 1 :KOR 

:ARG (Senior) 2 - 2 :KOR 

Men's

:ARG 5 - 2 :IRL 

:ARG 2 - 1 :IRL (both in BA)

:ARG 3 - 0 :AUS (in Deodoro today)

So, basically our men's team is in top shape and our women's team is playing worse than our U21 :lol:

But now being serious, friendlies, be it win or lose, aren't really meaningful ;)

Something to kill time with... a video made by our NOC about all argentine medalists in history. They are all in random order and that makes an interesting contrast to watch, also there's some nice old footage for some.

Since we don't have that many medals it's only 12 minutes long :d

Time for my final analysis/prediction (not quite) of argentine perfomance in Rio... @konig

Athletics: I predict final for Toledo (Javelin) and Chiaraviglio (Pole Vault). All the others will have average/poor performances (including Lauro, sadly), though we might see some PBs. 

Basketball: I predict QF. Not much more we can do honestly.

Boxing: I think all except Blanc and Martínez will advance to 2nd round. No one is winning a medal though, Melian has AZE/KAZ/UZB in QF and Peralta has Erislandy Savon in QF, so.. nothing.

Canoeing: In slalom and the Sprint K-4 I don't expect anything. I think Ruben Rezola will make the final of K-1 200, but don't think he has enough to fight for a medal.

Cycling Road: only men's Road Race... not expecting much.

MTB: Soto can have a decent race (top 20).

BMX: Molina won't do anything, Gaby Diaz can make a decent semi in a good day.

Equestrian Jumping: I have a hinch the team can make a top 10, not expecting much in the individual.

Fencing: Out in first round again for our only Sabre girl.

Hockey: Less than silver will be a disappointment in W. I think this is our one chance to win the gold, if it's not now don't think it will ever will. In Men's this is also our best ever chance to win a medal, but it will be tough.

Football: Expecting anything from total disaster to gold.

Golf: With all the absenses I seriously think Grillo has a shot at a medal in a good week. Gomez not much chance.

Gymnastics Artistic: Expecting nothing from both.

Handball: Both teams will lose all games.

Judo: Lucenti hasn't a chance. Pareto will win a medal (don't know what color) if she passes to QF, cuz I don't see her losing twice in the same day.

Modern Pentathlon: Khokhlova can make top 10, Zapata among last places. 

Rowing: Final C for both our single sculls. Sad to the see the state of this sport.

Rugby Sevens: I think we have a shot at medal, Fiji is the only team we can't beat and luckily we have them in our group. Again, another sport that heavily depends on the day.

Sailing: I expect nothing from RS:X and Laser. I expect medal race for: 49er, 49er FX, 470 M and Nacra17. The last 3 have a shot at a medal, I expect at least 1 of them to achieve it.

Shooting: I predict Federico Gil will make the final, but will finish 5th or 6th (as usual for him). The others have no chance.

Swimming: I predict Grabich will be our big disappointment of this games.... the others can't do much, but I think we'll see a few argentine records.

Synch Swimming: Nothing to say.

Tennis: All out in first round.

Triathlon: Not expecting much.

Beach Volleyball: Our girls will pass group, but that's it.

Volleyball: Women's team will end with 1-4 record. Men's team is candidate for dark horse. Should be QF at least, then depends which opponent... USA/Italy are beatable in a good day, Brazil/France not so much.

Weightlifting: not expecting anything from our girl.

Wrestling: Bermudez can maybe win one match.

3 hours ago, LDOG said:

Time for my final analysis/prediction (not quite) of argentine perfomance in Rio... @konig

Athletics: I predict final for Toledo (Javelin) and Chiaraviglio (Pole Vault). All the others will have average/poor performances (including Lauro, sadly), though we might see some PBs. 

Basketball: I predict QF. Not much more we can do honestly.

Boxing: I think all except Blanc and Martínez will advance to 2nd round. No one is winning a medal though, Melian has AZE/KAZ/UZB in QF and Peralta has Erislandy Savon in QF, so.. nothing.

Canoeing: In slalom and the Sprint K-4 I don't expect anything. I think Ruben Rezola will make the final of K-1 200, but don't think he has enough to fight for a medal.

Cycling Road: only men's Road Race... not expecting much.

MTB: Soto can have a decent race (top 20).

BMX: Molina won't do anything, Gaby Diaz can make a decent semi in a good day.

Equestrian Jumping: I have a hinch the team can make a top 10, not expecting much in the individual.

Fencing: Out in first round again for our only Sabre girl.

Hockey: Less than silver will be a disappointment in W. I think this is our one chance to win the gold, if it's not now don't think it will ever will. In Men's this is also our best ever chance to win a medal, but it will be tough.

Football: Expecting anything from total disaster to gold.

Golf: With all the absenses I seriously think Grillo has a shot at a medal in a good week. Gomez not much chance.

Gymnastics Artistic: Expecting nothing from both.

Handball: Both teams will lose all games.

Judo: Lucenti hasn't a chance. Pareto will win a medal (don't know what color) if she passes to QF, cuz I don't see her losing twice in the same day.

Modern Pentathlon: Khokhlova can make top 10, Zapata among last places. 

Rowing: Final C for both our single sculls. Sad to the see the state of this sport.

Rugby Sevens: I think we have a shot at medal, Fiji is the only team we can't beat and luckily we have them in our group. Again, another sport that heavily depends on the day.

Sailing: I expect nothing from RS:X and Laser. I expect medal race for: 49er, 49er FX, 470 M and Nacra17. The last 3 have a shot at a medal, I expect at least 1 of them to achieve it.

Shooting: I predict Federico Gil will make the final, but will finish 5th or 6th (as usual for him). The others have no chance.

Swimming: I predict Grabich will be our big disappointment of this games.... the others can't do much, but I think we'll see a few argentine records.

Synch Swimming: Nothing to say.

Tennis: All out in first round.

Triathlon: Not expecting much.

Beach Volleyball: Our girls will pass group, but that's it.

Volleyball: Women's team will end with 1-4 record. Men's team is candidate for dark horse. Should be QF at least, then depends which opponent... USA/Italy are beatable in a good day, Brazil/France not so much.

Weightlifting: not expecting anything from our girl.

Wrestling: Bermudez can maybe win one match.

Total agree with you in: Athletics, Cycling Road (may be a miracle of Sepulveda), MTB, BMX, fencing, Hockey, Football, Golf, Gymnastics Artistic, Handball, Modern Pentathlon, rowing, rugby seven, Synch Swimming, Volleyball and Weightlifting

Basketball: after the friendlys matchs, for me they can be defeated or defeat any team except U.S.A, i dont expect a medal for them but it isnt impossible.

Boxing: the judges makes this sport very unpredictable, i have a little hope for Melian......its a shame what happen with Yamil Peralta, he can figth in quaterfinals with the big candidate of gold, with the rest i agree.

Canoeing: in this case i disagree: i expect a semifinal for Rossi and a final of the k4 men, im more pessimistic with Rezola, i dont see him in the final.

Equestrian Jumping:it should be for the sorpresive silver medal of the Panamericans but i have a big faith in them, we can expected a diploma of the team, i agree with you in the individual performance.

Judo: i agree with Pareto and i think Lucenti can be a surprise, at least he can win a diploma for me.

Sailing: i agree in all except about Alsogaray in men Laser: he can be in the medal race for me.

Shooting: i think the sam of Gil but i have a little hope of final for the rest, except for Fournel who doesnt have any chance.

Swimming: you have strong reasons to think that of Grabich but i stil thiking that he can make semifinas/finals but i dont think a medal, i agree with the rest.

Tennis: agree in singles but you dont mention doubles, i see better chances there.

Triathlon: Tellechea can be top 10 for me

Beach Volleyball and Wrestling:its not impossible a diploma here.

hace 9 minutos, konig said:

Judo: i agree with Pareto and i think Lucenti can be a surprise, at least he can win a diploma for me.

Tennis: agree in singles but you dont mention doubles, i see better chances there.

Triathlon: Tellechea can be top 10 for me

1- Lucenti will win first fight vs Lebanon, but can't beat Valois or the Pietri.

2-Doubles of Del Potro can advance maybe one round, but no more. Delbonis I think has a chance vs Nadal, only because he's injured. If he can beat him, then the draw is opened.

3-Top 10? no way.

43 minutes ago, LDOG said:

We already have a gold medal, we won in football, Delpo beat number 1, winning by 30 in basketball, winning 2-0 in volleyball...

These olympics so far for me:

tumblr_n8jyfsCXoY1qfrrv2o1_500.gif

Totally agree, toquemos madera por las dudas!!.