Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

rybak

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

heywoodu    796

What a match :hyper:

This is the kind of match that should be the 5th, deciding match...Karlovic - Delbonis sounds like an anticlimax after this huge battle :p 

heywoodu    796
21 minutes ago, crovitlaci said:

Congrats to Delpo, amazing player. And now... I'm not gonna watch this, too much tennis for me these days.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to skip the Friday instead of the deciding match? :p 

crovitlaci    31
1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Wouldn't it have made more sense to skip the Friday instead of the deciding match? :p 

Probably yes :dAnyway, looks like I didn't miss anything good.

LDOG    156

2nd time in history a team wins playing all ties away with the current world group format (other was France 2001).

crovitlaci    31

Congrats to Argentina, completely deserved win especially with those amazing fans. I have to say I admire them, they traveled like 3000km to watch tennis, I'd never do that :d 

thepharoah    8
1 hour ago, crovitlaci said:

Congrats to Argentina, completely deserved win especially with those amazing fans. I have to say I admire them, they traveled like 3000km to watch tennis, I'd never do that :d 

they really inspired me , i thought the match was played in Argentina , not in Croatia 

Milan    5

Congrats to Argentina!

But what a bad match from Karlovic. His return game is shit all the time, but I can't remember him serving as bad as he did today.

But our team achieved more than I had expected this year. I thought we would lose against USA and I thought the same before the tie against France.

Pity that Coric was injured. Against opponents like Delbonis I would choose him over Karlovic. Karlovic just relies too much on his first serve. On a good day he can beat a top 10 player (what Coric usually can't do yet), on a bad day he can lose to nearly everybody.

konig    101

Historical day for our sport, thanks to all the players for this moment, generation after a generation pass without this title.......AT LAST

levantar-Copa-esperada_OLEIMA20161127_02