website statistics

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

rybak

Just now, heywoodu said:

What's so special about Raonic? :red:

On a Dutch forum he's usually seen as the biggest "douche" on the Tour, as in, a "boring, anonymous" player apart from some sick serves. Personally I really don't know enough about it to judge that, so I don't understand why people say such negative things and I also don't understand why people say such positive things :p 

because he would be 2nd player which mother tongue is Serbian to be no1 in singles :d

Just now, crovitlaci said:

Roger and Rafa are probably over with serious tennis, Wawrinka mostly depends on his motivation. Novak is 29, so as Murray, they're not old, and as long as they keep playing on this level nobody can get close to them. Zverev could become a good player but I'm not sure, as for Thiem I just don't like his style of play, I'm a bit subjective there. :d

I know and believe you are, and we all know why :lol:

Just now, DaniSRB said:

because he would be 2nd player which mother tongue is Serbian to be no1 in singles :d

Ah, right, Serbian heritage :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Ah, right, Serbian heritage :d 

He was born in Montenegro but speaks Serbian at home 

i also think he has potencial, but needs more self confidence

my 2nd choice is Kei....he is so cute :d

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What's so special about Raonic? :red:

On a Dutch forum he's usually seen as the biggest "douche" on the Tour, as in, a "boring, anonymous" player apart from some sick serves. Personally I really don't know enough about it to judge that, so I don't understand why people say such negative things and I also don't understand why people say such positive things :p 

Im also not so big fan of Raonic. :d

5 minutes ago, dareza said:

I know and believe you are, and we all know why :lol:

Haha I didn't mean on Borna here. :lol: Thiem is simply playing without any plan, only shooting with all strength and if the ball is in it's great, but often it isn't, at least today was so. It reminds me on women's tennis, and I despise to watch women's tennis. :facepalm:Nevertheless, I started to watch tennis intensively in like 2005-2006 when Roger was at his prime so nothing after that is just not good for me, maybe I'm asking for too much. :d

Just now, crovitlaci said:

Haha I didn't mean on Borna here. :lol: Thiem is simply playing without any plan, only shooting with all strength and if the ball is in it's great, but often it isn't, at least today was so. It reminds me on women's tennis, and I despise to watch women's tennis. :facepalm:Nevertheless, I started to watch tennis intensively in like 2005-2006 when Roger was at his prime so nothing after that is just not good for me, maybe I'm asking for too much. :d

But who know. Maybe for 2-3 years, he will change that. His problem is I think that he has huge pressure and all that stories you are like Novak etc. We all know stories about Roger and Dimitrov and for some peoples Grigor is still baby Fed. It is not good at all.

3 minutes ago, dareza said:

But who know. Maybe for 2-3 years, he will change that. His problem is I think that he has huge pressure and all that stories you are like Novak etc. We all know stories about Roger and Dimitrov and for some peoples Grigor is still baby Fed. It is not good at all.

Well, this was his first semifinal ever, he was a complete outsider, why pressure on him? If anyone could have pressure here, it is Novak because he's chasing to get a first RG. I don't see some connections in style with Novak and Thiem, if anyone has similar style to Novak it is Borna (I don't say he is playing like Novak and I don't believe he will have career like him).

2 minutes ago, crovitlaci said:

Well, this was his first semifinal ever, he was a complete outsider, why pressure on him?

To be fair, I don't follow tennis that close as many of you guys and even I am hearing how great of a talent Thiem is all the freaking time :p 

I can imagine there's quite a lot of pressure as the real hope of Austrian tennis.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!