Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

rybak

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

dareza    345
27 minutes ago, nenad said:

Lajović can't beat anyone outside of Latin America

This was so expected. Harrison is typical hard court player and Dusan is solid on hard court. He is the best on clay.

nenad    30
11 minutes ago, dareza said:

This was so expected. Harrison is typical hard court player and Dusan is solid on hard court. He is the best on clay.

Harrison is bad and btw mentally weak. Every time i've seen him play he was terrible, i thought it was nice chance for Lajović to show us did he really improved and I see now he didn't.

dareza    345
Just now, nenad said:

Harrison is bad and btw mentally weak. Every time i've seen him play he was terrible, i thought it was nice chance for Lajović to show us did he really improved and I see now he didn't.

I watched first set and Dusan was disaster. For second I don't know.

nenad    30
Just now, dareza said:

I watched first set and Dusan was disaster. For second I don't know.

Probably the same :)

OlympicsFan    92

Fritz surprisingly lost against Tiafoe ...

I think Zverev will have the same fate against Dodig.

On the womens side Beck is pretty close to qualify for the Olympics, this would mean that Lisicki and or Görges will miss Rio. :cry:

Wanderer    214
28 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Fritz surprisingly lost against Tiafoe ...

I think Zverev will have the same fate against Dodig.

On the womens side Beck is pretty close to qualify for the Olympics, this would mean that Lisicki and or Görges will miss Rio. :cry:

Well, Tiafoe has already had positive H2H with Fritz, I think it is 2-0 or 3-0 at junior level. Fritz apparently was under pressure as favourite for the win, big stage... he was rushing on many balls. First two sets were identical, with losers of them committing many errors, low serve percentage. But nevertheless, there were some great flashes from both. 

Zverev definitely has tough task, and he'll need to step up in order to win. 

The race is not over, though I am afraid Lisicki will definitely miss Rio. Upcoming period of year is not the one Sabine fancies the most.

Wanderer    214

Jesus, Ymer lost to Middelkoop :facepalm: Since Caltanisetta title last year, his results are really up and down with no some outstanding flash... I guess we'll need to wait for clay season. Curiously, his younger brother Mikael is much better on hard and fast courts.

Wanderer    214

Monteiro finally exploded. Last few weeks have been pretty good.

Milojevic disappointed in third set. His serve is awful.

Great set for Danka, but I really hope Petra can win this. If Danka had Kvitova's serve Petra would be out already :facepalm:

dareza    345
Just now, Wanderer said:

Monteiro finally exploded. Last few weeks have been pretty good.

Milojevic disappointed in third set. His serve is awful.

Great set for Danka, but I really hope Petra can win this. If Danka had Kvitova's serve Petra would be out already :facepalm:

Disaster for Milojevic. He had break in 3rd set. :facepalm: I hope Krstin will win today.

LDOG    240

Another good win of Del Potro but still playing with barely any top spin backhand. Now Berdych will be the first top test after comeback.

nenad    30

Too bad for Milojević, he had a good chance here. But Krstin won and he will have his new career high at 219. Plays Becker in semis so probably gonna lose but still nice result for him.