website statistics

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

rybak

I am glad to see Durasovic succeeded to win. Norway have two great potentials, Viktor Durasovic and Casper Ruud. I hope both of them make top 100. 

I haven't heard of this boy, Christian Sigsgaard, he's either good or Basilashvili was in complete error mode. Huge surprise there, given the fact Georgia is a host. But also, I am wondering was it smart to choose carpet... It will suit Nielsen the best lol

What a return for Nieminen, 6-0 6-0 6-0 :d

Kinda expected result in SRB-KAZ tie, Kazakhstani players are really something different in Davis Cup (the Netherlands of Davis cup, lol)

Now, cheering for Zverev with all heart :cheer: 

Sabine.... no words -.-

I thought GER-CZE tie could be the most entertaining and I am glad I was right. Two five setters! Pity Zverev lost. If he only won that first set.... He had more points than Berdych, but we all know it is not deciding factor. I hope he can learn from this match. Tomorrow is the crucial match. If Germans win, I believe Zverev can deliver the third point.

Well, I definitely didn't foresee Italy to struggle this much against weakened Switzerland!

54 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

I am glad to see Durasovic succeeded to win. Norway have two great potentials, Viktor Durasovic and Casper Ruud. I hope both of them make top 100. 

I haven't heard of this boy, Christian Sigsgaard, he's either good or Basilashvili was in complete error mode. Huge surprise there, given the fact Georgia is a host. But also, I am wondering was it smart to choose carpet... It will suit Nielsen the best lol

What a return for Nieminen, 6-0 6-0 6-0 :d

Kinda expected result in SRB-KAZ tie, Kazakhstani players are really something different in Davis Cup (the Netherlands of Davis cup, lol)

Now, cheering for Zverev with all heart :cheer: 

Sabine.... no words -.-

I think that Nicka was error mode :mad: I don't remember when last time he won match... Todays match showed how bad he is in this season.

Btw. I think that Argentina already can celebrate win in whole meeting, key match was Przysiężny - Pella and Michał sadly lost it... 

Just now, rybak said:

I think that Nicka was error mode :mad: I don't remember when last time he won match... Todays match showed how bad he is in this season.

Btw. I think that Argentina already can celebrate win in whole meeting, key match was Przysiężny - Pella and Michał sadly lost it... 

I'll check if there is any match statistics, if it's trustworthy at all... But no matter how bad he's been this season, losing to a non ranked boy, who have only three losses in singles and only one win in doubles at ITF Pro Circuit level, last junior event played in July 2015 is really embarrassing.

I read you chose fast surface and I think even Kubot could have been better choice for singles rubbers.

Here it is:

Nikoloz BASILASHVILI                                                                 Christian SIGSGAARD
Aces

Double Faults

1st Serve %
73/123 (59%)

82/124 (66%)

1st Serve Points Won
43/73 (58%)

54/82 (65%)

2nd Serve %
43/50 (86%)

39/42 (92%)

2nd Serve Points Won
19/43 (44%)

21/39 (53%)

Break Points Won
5/11 (45%)

10/14 (71%)

Total Points Won

So many breaks on carpet :yikes: 

Just now, Wanderer said:

I'll check if there is any match statistics, if it's trustworthy at all... But no matter how bad he's been this season, losing to a non ranked boy, who have only three losses in singles and only one win in doubles at ITF Pro Circuit level, last junior event played in July 2015 is really embarrassing.

I read you chose fast surface and I think even Kubot could have been better choice for singles rubbers.

In this match we could see Davis Cup spirit, no matter that you are in top100 or unranked, just better player will winner :lol:

Yes, but our coach is stupid and chose to play in singles match injured Przysiężny and unexperienced Hurkacz... So big chance to win is just wasted. In World Group play-offs probably we will lost as well and then we will relegated to European/African Zone I for next ten years...