website statistics

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

rybak

Krstin beat Becker! Great result, he was twice a break up in third and served for match at 5:3, got broken but in tiebreak was great 7:2. He's in no 200 after this win with a chance to go to 180 if he wins in the final.

Well, I sensed Allertova could surprise but didn't believe it... Very good, solid performance. I really like the way she plays.

Muguruza is sinking :wall: Zhang-Wozniacki was screaming upset, so did Gasparyan-Vinci. I am really sorry Rita chocked 4-0 lead and missed two match points. I like her backhand a lot! Vinci had moments of pure brilliance though, definitely deserved win.

There were more than five matches where one of the players saved match points and won eventually, I reckon.

On the one hand, I am glad Ivanovic won, but on the other, I couldn't regret more for Tiafoe. If I could, I'll change Ivanovic's win for Tiafoe... However, surprisingly good effort from Tiafoe. Match wasn't of particular quality, but the tension was palpable. Frances is enjoyable to watch, but his physical stamina is worrying at the moment. Serve let him down in the deciding set.

Kuznetsov continues with steady progress, that is great to see.

Won't comment Kyrgios, his attitude. No surprise from Ramos anymore, after Federer, he "schooled" two youngsters in a row now :d

I like Gavrilova as a player. Many consider her annoying, but she is amusing to me. Fun, with not so common display. But unfortunately, her mentality isn't the factor one can count on. Again  losing her strings after finding herself in winning position.

Stephens in 10-0 at International events this year and 0-2 at any higher grade WTA tournament :lol: Bouchard is coming back, slowly but surely.

7 hours ago, nenad said:

Krstin beat Becker! Great result, he was twice a break up in third and served for match at 5:3, got broken but in tiebreak was great 7:2. He's in no 200 after this win with a chance to go to 180 if he wins in the final.

Time to revenge Milojevic :d

I think Krstin has decent chance for the title.