website statistics

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

rybak

Kiwis almost missed the tie due heavy snow in Korea lol

Best NZ team with Tearney, Venus, Statham and Sitak will have very difficult task against young Korean team Chung (born in 1996), Hong (1997) and Duck-hee Lee (1998) with Chung and Lee playing in singles I think NZ chances are low. They have advantage in doubles only, with Sitak and Venus both ranked in top 100 and being experienced doubles players.

Head coach will count on Venus during all three days...

Edited by Wanderer

13 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Kiwis almost missed the tie due heavy snow in Korea lol

Best NZ team with Tearney, Venus, Statham and Sitak will have very difficult task against young Korean team Chung (born in 1996), Hong (1997) and Duck-hee Lee (1998) with Chung and Lee playing in singles I think NZ chances are low. They have advantage in doubles only, with Sitak and Venus both ranked in top 100 and being experienced doubles players.

Head coach will count on Venus during all three days...

Williams? :d Of course I kidding :d

it was a very interesting february for SVK tennis :d all started by a expected flop with Australia in the fed cup. but a week later came the bomb and mr unpredictable winning a ATP 500 tournament :woot: and 3 days later he lost in 1st round in Dubai:rofl:and everything concluded by a very interesting performance of Dominika Cibulková, pitty Domi wasn´t so far to win the acapulco WTA at all..

Something is terribly wrong with my quote. Anyway. It is not uncommon for players to lose first or second round of a tournament that comes after win week before. It happens all the time.

Edited by nenad

Kyrgios is definitely out of Davis Cup, and Hewitt, like Nieminen, will step up and play at least one rubber if needed.

Spoiler

Australia vs. United States

R1 S. GROTH vs. J. ISNER

R2 B. TOMIC vs. J. SOCK

R3 S. GROTH/J. PEERS vs. B. BRYAN/M. BRYAN

R4 B. TOMIC vs. J. ISNER

R5 S. GROTH vs. J. SOCK

Edited by Wanderer