website statistics

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

rybak

11 minutes ago, dareza said:

This was so expected. Harrison is typical hard court player and Dusan is solid on hard court. He is the best on clay.

Harrison is bad and btw mentally weak. Every time i've seen him play he was terrible, i thought it was nice chance for Lajović to show us did he really improved and I see now he didn't.

Just now, nenad said:

Harrison is bad and btw mentally weak. Every time i've seen him play he was terrible, i thought it was nice chance for Lajović to show us did he really improved and I see now he didn't.

I watched first set and Dusan was disaster. For second I don't know.

Fritz surprisingly lost against Tiafoe ...

I think Zverev will have the same fate against Dodig.

On the womens side Beck is pretty close to qualify for the Olympics, this would mean that Lisicki and or Görges will miss Rio. :cry:

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

28 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Fritz surprisingly lost against Tiafoe ...

I think Zverev will have the same fate against Dodig.

On the womens side Beck is pretty close to qualify for the Olympics, this would mean that Lisicki and or Görges will miss Rio. :cry:

Well, Tiafoe has already had positive H2H with Fritz, I think it is 2-0 or 3-0 at junior level. Fritz apparently was under pressure as favourite for the win, big stage... he was rushing on many balls. First two sets were identical, with losers of them committing many errors, low serve percentage. But nevertheless, there were some great flashes from both. 

Zverev definitely has tough task, and he'll need to step up in order to win. 

The race is not over, though I am afraid Lisicki will definitely miss Rio. Upcoming period of year is not the one Sabine fancies the most.

Jesus, Ymer lost to Middelkoop :facepalm: Since Caltanisetta title last year, his results are really up and down with no some outstanding flash... I guess we'll need to wait for clay season. Curiously, his younger brother Mikael is much better on hard and fast courts.