website statistics

Croatia National Thread

dcro

40 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

Luge: Obratov, she is probably out, i dont see an impovement there.

Bob: our team is not good enough.

Figure skating: Vrdoljak is without a chance in my opinion, unless all others have a very bad day and he has a great day, which will not happen. Petranovic/Sousa only with chances if Germany and France do not use their 2nd quota. If they do it is hopeless.

Snowboard: Jugovac currently in 36th place, 30 qualify. It is going to be very tough, probably not, unless some NOC do not use their quota in SS/BA. Stojak to far away, maybe 2022.

Obratov and Jugovac are definitely not chanceless. Vrdoljak also.

Obratov was mostly injured early in the season, later on she had some excellent results (for example in Oberhof). Vrdoljak is meanwhile working for quadruple jump for the next season. If successful, it would boost his chances considerably.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

vor 7 Minuten schrieb dcro:

Obratov and Jugovac are definitely not chanceless.

Obratov was mostly injured early in the season, later on she had some excellent results (for example in Oberhof).

Not sure about Obratov, of course i hope she will manage it.

She has to be within Top 27 (including maybe some nations having more than 3 athoets) or in Top 27 (cleand up with max 3 per NOC)? How does the reallocation works in case some nations dont use all quotas?

Jugovac has a chance, she is close, but it will be difficult. She participated practically at all WC this season, and her main competitors did not and they are still bit better overall. But i guess some nations like SUI, AUT, GER will not necessary use all their quotas, therefor she still has a good chance to qualify.

33 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

Not sure about Obratov, of course i hope she will manage it.

She has to be within Top 27 (including maybe some nations having more than 3 athoets) or in Top 27 (cleand up with max 3 per NOC)? How does the reallocation works in case some nations dont use all quotas?

Jugovac has a chance, she is close, but it will be difficult. She participated practically at all WC this season, and her main competitors did not and they are still bit better overall. But i guess some nations like SUI, AUT, GER will not necessary use all their quotas, therefor she still has a good chance to qualify.

If I'm not mistakes, luge reallocation gives priority to unqualified nations.

#banbestmen

• 2 weeks later...

Croatian team for Taekwando WCH in Korea (June). Deni Andrun Razic is not there despite being Nr 4 in world ranking, but Brecic is No 2 in the same category. The team had few great results last weekend at the Presidents Cup in Morocco and Melani Adamic Golic became European Champion under 21.

Lucija Zaninovic is pregnant, Ana is injured

HRVATSKA SENIORSKA REPREZENTACIJA 2017.
1. KRISTINA TOMIĆ – 49 kg
2. TANJA RASTOVIĆ – 53 kg
3. BRUNA VULETIĆ – 57 kg
4. MARIJA ŠTETIĆ – 62 kg
5. MATEA JELIĆ – 67 kg
6. IVA RADOŠ – 73 kg
7. MELANI ADAMIĆ-GOLIĆ +73 kg
8. LOVRE BREČIĆ – 63 kg
9. TONI KANAET – 74 kg
10.LUKA HORVAT – 80 kg
11.DINKO ŠEGEDIN – 87 kg
12. VEDRAN GOLEC +87 kg

Plan aktivnosti seniorske reprezentacije:
1. Pripreme u Makarskoj u terminu 12. – 23. travnja pod vodstvom trenera Georgi Draganova i Toni Tomasa.

2. “Otvoreno prvenstvo Austrije”, Innsbruck, 03.-04.06.

3. Završne pripreme za nastup na SP

• 1 month later...

Great season start for Mateo Ruzic in Poland. PB 400m 46.28

so sad to see our female volleyball  team losing to Greece and Hungary. They could end up with one win only. Topic, Poljak, Jerkov all leaving at same time was just too much.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Our water polo team is in final of World championship. Great match against Serbia. Next match is against Hungary.

Our athletes in shooting Josip Glasnovic and Giovanni Cernogoraz won silver and bronze medal in trap at European championship in Baku.

Our sailing crew in 470 that won Rio olympic gold - Sime Fantela and Igor Marenic wil not compete any more together. Sime Fantela will compete in another discipline - 49er with his brother Mihovil Fantela. Igor Marenic will probably continue his career in olympic sailng.