Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

dcro

Croatia National Thread | Na putu za Tokio 2020

prso1000    44
Posted (edited)
vor 19 Minuten schrieb Rafoo:

I think Rantes have pretty nice chances...he won cup yesterday and injury but it looks very promising...in road I was counting two spots and I hope something will improve...and in women road Mia Radotic has good chances

In Road cycling we are currently in 48th place in the nation ranking, for two spots you need to be in top 30 at least. 51st place by the way means no quota, then you need someone in top 200. 

Radotic needs to be in Top 100, currently she is around 140 and not the youngest anymore. 

Rentes is good, but as very few places available I think it is going to be very very tough. Actually for him only two spots are available, the other 6 spots will be allocated via nation ranking and as he is alone I doubt Croatia will be among top 5 nations. His only chance is the world championship 2019 and he needs to be among top 2 not qualified. 

I think you are a bit too optimistic when it comes to chances of Croatian athletes :)

Edited by prso1000

dcro    2,687
27 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

In Road cycling we are currently in 48th place in the nation ranking, for two spots you need to be in top 30 at least. 51st place by the way means no quota, then you need someone in top 200. 

Radotic needs to be in Top 100, currently she is around 140 and not the youngest anymore. 

Rentes is good, but as very few places available I think it is going to be very very tough. Actually for him only two spots are available, the other 6 spots will be allocated via nation ranking and as he is alone I doubt Croatia will be among top 5 nations. His only chance is the world championship 2019 and he needs to be among top 2 not qualified. 

I think you are a bit too optimistic when it comes to chances of Croatian athletes :)

Well women's road cycling is a strange cup of tea. There have been numerous cases of 40 something old big race winners... Besides, Radotić is most importantly still very much on the upward trajectory.

Also, Japan will likely qualify through rankings so that should mean top 51-52 nations will go instead.

Rafoo    9

Now when equastrian qualafying system are out...how are chances for Karen?

dcro    2,687
3 hours ago, Rafoo said:

Now when equastrian qualafying system are out...how are chances for Karen?

Chance is quite small. Right now she is not competing at the highest (Grand Prix) level as both of her current horses are too young/inexperienced. Maybe there is a small chance if she makes a transition with Fausto to Grand Prix next year, otherwise no chance.

Rafoo    9

Till what ranking are you in in women clycling

Mia Radotić rank 127

prso1000    44
vor 8 Stunden schrieb Rafoo:

Till what ranking are you in in women clycling

Mia Radotić rank 127

prso1000    44

Natko zrncic Dim not any longer in the national team for alpine skiing. Not really a surprise. 

Team for 2018/19: 

A Team

Leona Popovic 

Matej Vidovic 

Filip Zubcic 

Istok Rodes 

Elias Kolega 

B Team: 

Ida Stimac 

Samuel Kolega

Rafoo    9

We may now write candidates when are qual.systems are out..if you are in?

Rafoo    9

Where can I find our competitors list on mediterian games 2018?

prso1000    44
vor 3 Stunden schrieb Rafoo:

Where can I find our competitors list on mediterian games 2018?

Not published yet