Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

dcro

Croatia National Thread | Na putu za Tokio 2020

Crolympic    4

Does anyone know which are the competitions where our athletes in swimming and athletics (marathon) will try to reach olympic standards.

dcro    1,762
38 minutes ago, Crolympic said:

Does anyone know which are the competitions where our athletes in swimming and athletics (marathon) will try to reach olympic standards.

I don't know for swimming exactly, but in athletics it is usually meetings in Croatia and Slovenia/Austria/Italy. And also Croatian club championships and senior championships (which is usually held the last weekend before the qualification period ends)..

Edited by dcro

Crolympic    4
33 minutes ago, dcro said:

I don't know for swimming exactly, but in athletics it is usually meetings in Croatia and Slovenia/Austria/Italy. And also Croatian club championships and senior championships (which is usually held the last weekend before the qualification period ends)..

In athletics I am interested to know about marathon runs where our athletes will try to reach olympic standards. I suppose that they can compete in few marathons before olympics so there is not much competitions for them.

prso1000    21
9 hours ago, Crolympic said:

In swimminjg i guess there will be two major events where our swimmers will target the entry standards. First one is the European Championship in London (end of May) and Zlatni Medvjed in Zagreb (Mid of June). The qualification period ends beginning of July.

I guess our "Americans" will try at some events in the USA (Loncar and Krznaric).

In maraton we have one place left (woman) and for man there is actually only one candidate (Daniel Daly). I gues Daniel will run a marathon in the USA.

prso1000    21

Croatia will be represented by Andrej Gacina, Zoran Primorac, Ruiwu Tan, Lea Rakovec, Ivana Tubikanec and Yuan Tian at the EQT in IStanbul (06-10.04.2016) in table tennis.

83men and 76w are comepting for 10 quotas each

dcro    1,762
17 hours ago, Crolympic said:

In athletics I am interested to know about marathon runs where our athletes will try to reach olympic standards. I suppose that they can compete in few marathons before olympics so there is not much competitions for them.

I think Šuštić/Belušić will compete at Vienna marathon.

prso1000    21
On 20.3.2016 at 3:08 PM, dcro said:

And there is also an outside chance in fencing (foil). We have a couple of fencers that are actually not bad at all. But it is going to be an uphill battle for them.

There is only one place at the european qualification tournament left (foil). i think that is not even an outsider chance, that would be a miracle.

Edited by prso1000

prso1000    21

3rd place (trap) for Giovanni Cernogoraz at World Cup in Nicosia. He was 6th in the qualification, 20th place for Josip and only 61st for Anton Glasinovic.

This weekend we have Judo Grand Prix in Georgia which could be very important for Kumric and Miskovic, also Djakovic and Sutalo are there.  I dont know what is going on with Barbara Matic (injury?) and Maranic. Maranic has still a small theoretical chance to qualify.

Sailing in Mallorca is starting on Saturday. Croatia still has a chance for 2 additonal quotas (RSX men and 49er woman)

Also the outdoor season in athletics starts slowly. Halfmarathon championship in Cardiff with Daniel Daly, which is his first start for Croatia, he will try to reach the entry standard in marathon, he is missing 2 minutes now.  We have Croatian winter championship in Pula (400-3000m), altough i dont expect anything there. Also in the USA the college outdoor season is starting and it will be interesting seeing Flip Mihaljevic in discus (and shot put of course) and Valentina Muzaric in shot put over the next few weeks.

Anton Loncar (swimming) is competing at the NCAA Chmapionship in USA, but no chance for quota as the competion is in yards. But could be good indication.

dcro    1,762
3 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

3rd place (trap) for Giovanni Cernogoraz at World Cup in Nicosia. He was 6th in the qualification, 20th place for Josip and only 61st for Anton Glasinovic.

This weekend we have Judo Grand Prix in Georgia which could be very important for Kumric and Miskovic, also Djakovic and Sutalo are there.  I dont know what is going on with Barbara Matic (injury?) and Maranic. Maranic has still a small theoretical chance to qualify.

Sailing in Mallorca is starting on Saturday. Croatia still has a chance for 2 additonal quotas (RSX men and 49er woman)

Also the outdoor season in athletics starts slowly. Halfmarathon championship in Cardiff with Daniel Daly, which is his first start for Croatia, he will try to reach the entry standard in marathon, he is missing 2 minutes now.  We have Croatian winter championship in Pula (400-3000m), altough i dont expect anything there. Also in the USA the college outdoor season is starting and it will be interesting seeing Flip Mihaljevic in discus (and shot put of course) and Valentina Muzaric in shot put over the next few weeks.

Anton Loncar (swimming) is competing at the NCAA Chmapionship in USA, but no chance for quota as the competion is in yards. But could be good indication.

I've read somewhere that people from our judo federation claimed that Matić has secured qualification. Though, I really don't know how can they be so sure about that...

As for sailing, it will be a disaster if we don't qualify in men's RS:X. Looks like we are going against :SWE:TUR:CZE:SVK:LAT for 2 available quotas. Couldn't be any easier than that. Good news came last week to our women's 49er FX crew as our main opponent Ireland qualified on reallocation because there was no African crew. Looking at the results of the last year's World Championships, Ninčević/Dujmović are now the best European crew which is not qualified so far. Finland will probably be our main competition.

dcro    1,762
4 minutes ago, Crolympic said:

Miskovic lost in 2nd round of Judo Grand Prix Tournament in Georgia.

We should also mention that she led the whole match and literally lost 5 seconds before the end. I really don't think she has any realistic chance now.

Crolympic    4
1 minute ago, dcro said:

We should also mention that she led the whole match and literally lost 5 seconds before the end. I really don't think she has any realistic chance now.

Well, I don't know how many big tournaments are until the end of the qualification period, but definitely her chances are not good.