website statistics

Croatia National Thread

dcro

Somewhat mixed results for our athletes today. Pejcic didn't show what was expected from her. Maybe she felt too much pressure as the big favorite, the last two series were very bad. She would have needed only two or three points more to reach the final.

Samardzic was much behind her PB and didn't reach the semifinals. Cilic is also out, not really unexpected, Monfils probably was slightly the favorite.

Kudos to Sinkovic brothers. With the Olympic gold medal, now they have done it all.

Fantela and Marenic continued their good showing. They are 1st after day 2.

And then the results in handball and basketball, which are perfect.

4 minutes ago, Milan said:

Somewhat mixed results for our athletes today. Pejcic didn't show what was expected from her. Maybe she felt too much pressure as the big favorite, the last two series were very bad. She would have needed only two or three points more to reach the final.

Samardzic was much behind her PB and didn't reach the semifinals. Cilic is also out, not really unexpected, Monfils probably was slightly the favorite.

Kudos to Sinkovic brothers. With the Olympic gold medal, now they have done it all.

Fantela and Marenic continued their good showing. They are 1st after day 2.

And then the results in handball and basketball, which are perfect.

Samardžić did reach the semifinals ;)

#banbestmen

Current standings in men's laser:

https://www.rio2016.com/en/sailing-standings-sa-laser-men

So, considering that in medal race points are counted twice, if I counted well Tonči has already secured at least silver medal (the biggest margin in medal race is 18 points - 1st gets 2 points, 10th gets 20 points). Am I right? :d

3 minutes ago, crovitlaci said:

Current standings in men's laser:

https://www.rio2016.com/en/sailing-standings-sa-laser-men

So, considering that in medal race points are counted twice, if I counted well Tonči has already secured at least silver medal (the biggest margin in medal race is 18 points - 1st gets 2 points, 10th gets 20 points). Am I right? :d

Exactly, and he basically needs to follow Australian in medal race to get gold. :d

#banbestmen