website statistics

Croatia National Thread

dcro

33 minutes ago, Crolympic said:

Is there any chance for Mia Radotic in women's cycling?

theoretically yes

she has to be among 100 in the olympic ranking as of end of may, currently she is 182nd,

she would need one or two great results at important races

38 minutes ago, Crolympic said:

Does anyone know which are the competitions where our athletes in swimming and athletics (marathon) will try to reach olympic standards.

I don't know for swimming exactly, but in athletics it is usually meetings in Croatia and Slovenia/Austria/Italy. And also Croatian club championships and senior championships (which is usually held the last weekend before the qualification period ends)..

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

33 minutes ago, dcro said:

I don't know for swimming exactly, but in athletics it is usually meetings in Croatia and Slovenia/Austria/Italy. And also Croatian club championships and senior championships (which is usually held the last weekend before the qualification period ends)..

In athletics I am interested to know about marathon runs where our athletes will try to reach olympic standards. I suppose that they can compete in few marathons before olympics so there is not much competitions for them.

9 hours ago, Crolympic said:

Does anyone know which are the competitions where our athletes in swimming and athletics (marathon) will try to reach olympic standards.

In swimminjg i guess there will be two major events where our swimmers will target the entry standards. First one is the European Championship in London (end of May) and Zlatni Medvjed in Zagreb (Mid of June). The qualification period ends beginning of July.

I guess our "Americans" will try at some events in the USA (Loncar and Krznaric).

In maraton we have one place left (woman) and for man there is actually only one candidate (Daniel Daly). I gues Daniel will run a marathon in the USA.

17 hours ago, Crolympic said:

In athletics I am interested to know about marathon runs where our athletes will try to reach olympic standards. I suppose that they can compete in few marathons before olympics so there is not much competitions for them.

I think Šuštić/Belušić will compete at Vienna marathon.

#banbestmen