website statistics

Croatia National Thread

dcro

Just now, dcro said:

Yes, and both of their times would be enough to get invitation in 2012. I guess that's a good sign.

I also read somwhere that swimmer Anton Loncar who is Croatian origin now has Croatian citizenship. He competed for USA last year, but now I think that he can compete for Croatia. He has good results in 100 and 200 metres backstroke and already has OST. He coud achieve OQT and become our new candidate for Rio.

So far we achieved 49 Olympic quotas. Our Olympic quotas until March 13th 2016.

ATHLETICS (11)

Ivan HORVAT (pole vault M)

Marin PREMERU (shot put M)

Stipe ZUNIC (shot put M)

Filip MIHALJEVIC (shot put M)

Andrea IVANCEVIC (100 metres and 100 metres hurdles W)

Matea MATOSEVIC (marathon W)

Marija VRAJIC TROSIC (marathon W)

Sara KOLAK (javelin throw W)

Sandra PERKOVIC (discus throw W)

Blanka VLASIC (high jump W)
Ana SIMIC (high jump W)

BOXING (2)

Hrvoje SEP (-81 kg)

Filip HRGOVIC (+91 kg)

CYCLING (2)

2 quotas in men's road race

ROWING (3)

Damir MARTIN (single sculls M)

Martin SINKOVIC (double sculls M)

Valent SINKOVIC (double sculls M)

SAILING (7)

Tonci STIPANOVIC (Laser M)

Ivan KLJAKOVIC GASPIC (finn M)

Sime FANTELA (470 M)

Igor MARENIC (470 M)

Pavle KOSTOV (49er M)

Petar CUPAC (49er M)

Tina MIHELIC (laser radial W)

SHOOTING (7)

Petar GORSA (10m air rifle)

Josip GLASNOVIC (trap M)

Giovanni CERNOGORAZ (trap M)

Snjezana PEJCIC (50m three positions W)

Valentina GUSTIN (10m air rifle W)

Tanja PEREC (10m air rifle W)

Marija MAROVIC (10m air pistol W)

SWIMMING (1)

Matea SAMARDZIC (200 metres backstroek W)

TAEKWONDO (3)

Filip GRGIC (-68 kg M)

Lucija ZANINOIC (-49 kg W)

Ana ZANINOVIC (-57 kg W)

WATER POLO (13)

Croatia men's water polo team

Does someone know who will represent Croatia at the wrestling European QT in Zrenjanin?

I assume Lizatovic (59) and Nenad Zugaj (85) are safe. Questionmark if they will send Lavric (130), i hope yes, altough i think he does not have any chance.

and then of course the other two categories with two candidates in each

66: Ettlinger/Janecic

75: N: Zugaj/Starcevic

3 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

Does someone know who will represent Croatia at the wrestling European QT in Zrenjanin?

I assume Lizatovic (59) and Nenad Zugaj (85) are safe. Questionmark if they will send Lavric (130), i hope yes, altough i think he does not have any chance.

and then of course the other two categories with two candidates in each

66: Ettlinger/Janecic

75: N: Zugaj/Starcevic

I would be very surprised if Etlinger and Žugaj don't get selected.

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

I would be very surprised if Etlinger and Žugaj don't get selected.

I agree regarding Etlinger, but despite the fact that Zugaj was fifth in ECH, Starcevic made a better impression over last year. Lets see maybe they will sort of combine it. For example: Zugaj European QT and the first World QT, and if he does not qulify then Starcevic for the second World QT.

Or maybe Žugaj to Europeans and then Starčević to 1st World QT. Europeans in Serbia and 1st Wolrd QT in Mongolia are just one week apart, so it could be practical. Though, if I remember well, one of the World QTs back in 2012 was held somewhere in Asia and our federation didn't bother to send anyone there. Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens with this Mongolia tournament.

Main goal should be to qualify at least 1 wrestler. We have a chance in -59, -66, -75 and -85 in greco-roman, but none of them can be too sure about qualification.

#banbestmen

We have currently 49 Quotas, obviously there will be athletes in Rio than in London, but still few chnaces to get the number increased.

Here a list of canidates i still see having chnaces. But it is rather a very optimistic list:

Archery: very small chances for Mihalic

Athletics: I think it will be very difficult to increase the number further, but few still have a chance as V. Muzaric (shot put), D. Daly (marathon), M. Markovic (discus), R. Varga (discus) and with very small chances L. Pokos (200m). M. Parlov (distance1500-5000), M. Greguric (hammer). I guess one additonal quota would be a huge success.

Badminton: I was hoping that Djurkinak can qualify, but no chance. I hope our federation will apply for a invitation place. I guess the invitations will go to Europe/Americas.

Basketball: i doubt our men will qualify, but let see

Boxing: i still hope we have a chance for a third athlete in Rio. Komadina, Babic, Filipi, Calic etc. There are few candidates. I have no clue about our woman team.

Canoeing Slalom: One quota left for Europe, that will be really hard

Canoeing Sprint: I dont think we have a chance, but Novakovic is a promise for Tokio

Diving: Maric should be in, i hope

Gymnastics: Ude and Djerek should qualify

Handball: that is one of my big worries, we have to play against Norway and Denmark for two spots, in Denmark. It would be a desaster if we dont qualify

Judo: Barabara Matic seems to be safe. I hope Z. Kumric and M. Miskovic will manage it as well.

Rowing: Very small chances for Milosevic sisters and Sain/Cavrlj

Sailing: next week we will know more, but i still hope our female 49er and RSX (men) will qualify

Swimming: Karla Sitic in open water is realistic, but not sure. In swimming i think realistic chances to reach A standard have Ana Radic, Fran Krznaric and Anton Loncar. Other candidates who could manage via invitation are M. Todorovic, Krce-Ribar, Tomic, maybe Obrovac. I guess 4 or 5 swimmers will qualify including Samardzic.

Table Tennis: Gacina is going to qualify for sure, i hope he will manage already at the EQT in April. Others probably have to go via this tournament other wise it will be very difficult to be among the 22 best not qulified. I guess 2 men and 1 woman will be qualified.

Tennis: That is really a diffcult one. Cilic, Coric and Dodig are safe. I guess Karlovic and Lucic-Baroni cannot play at Olympics. Konjuh and Vekic have to play well in the next two months to be among the 56. And then it depends how we will nominate the doubles and/or mixed. But could be up to 6 players in total.

Wrestling: 4 candidates, 2 qualifiers would be great. I still dont understand why we dont have any freestyle wrestlers.

Overall it looks like something between 80-90 athletes, much less than in London (due to teamsports), but with many medal candidates.

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

Or maybe Žugaj to Europeans and then Starčević to 1st World QT. Europeans in Serbia and 1st Wolrd QT in Mongolia are just one week apart, so it could be practical. Though, if I remember well, one of the World QTs back in 2012 was held somewhere in Asia and our federation didn't bother to send anyone there. Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens with this Mongolia tournament.

Main goal should be to qualify at least 1 wrestler. We have a chance in -59, -66, -75 and -85 in greco-roman, but none of them can be too sure about qualification.

In wrestling it depends very much on draw, too much in my opinion

5 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

We have currently 49 Quotas, obviously there will be athletes in Rio than in London, but still few chnaces to get the number increased.

Here a list of canidates i still see having chnaces. But it is rather a very optimistic list:

Archery: very small chances for Mihalic

Athletics: I think it will be very difficult to increase the number further, but few still have a chance as V. Muzaric (shot put), D. Daly (marathon), M. Markovic (discus), R. Varga (discus) and with very small chances L. Pokos (200m). M. Parlov (distance1500-5000), M. Greguric (hammer). I guess one additonal quota would be a huge success.

Badminton: I was hoping that Djurkinak can qualify, but no chance. I hope our federation will apply for a invitation place. I guess the invitations will go to Europe/Americas.

Basketball: i doubt our men will qualify, but let see

Boxing: i still hope we have a chance for a third athlete in Rio. Komadina, Babic, Filipi, Calic etc. There are few candidates. I have no clue about our woman team.

Canoeing Slalom: One quota left for Europe, that will be really hard

Canoeing Sprint: I dont think we have a chance, but Novakovic is a promise for Tokio

Diving: Maric should be in, i hope

Gymnastics: Ude and Djerek should qualify

Handball: that is one of my big worries, we have to play against Norway and Denmark for two spots, in Denmark. It would be a desaster if we dont qualify

Judo: Barabara Matic seems to be safe. I hope Z. Kumric and M. Miskovic will manage it as well.

Rowing: Very small chances for Milosevic sisters and Sain/Cavrlj

Sailing: next week we will know more, but i still hope our female 49er and RSX (men) will qualify

Swimming: Karla Sitic in open water is realistic, but not sure. In swimming i think realistic chances to reach A standard have Ana Radic, Fran Krznaric and Anton Loncar. Other candidates who could manage via invitation are M. Todorovic, Krce-Ribar, Tomic, maybe Obrovac. I guess 4 or 5 swimmers will qualify including Samardzic.

Table Tennis: Gacina is going to qualify for sure, i hope he will manage already at the EQT in April. Others probably have to go via this tournament other wise it will be very difficult to be among the 22 best not qulified. I guess 2 men and 1 woman will be qualified.

Tennis: That is really a diffcult one. Cilic, Coric and Dodig are safe. I guess Karlovic and Lucic-Baroni cannot play at Olympics. Konjuh and Vekic have to play well in the next two months to be among the 56. And then it depends how we will nominate the doubles and/or mixed. But could be up to 6 players in total.

Wrestling: 4 candidates, 2 qualifiers would be great. I still dont understand why we dont have any freestyle wrestlers.

Overall it looks like something between 80-90 athletes, much less than in London (due to teamsports), but with many medal candidates.

There are also Nikolina Šuštić and Barbara Belušić that are pretty close to marathon qualification. One of them should be able to join.

In canoeing slalom we have Matija Marinić, European U23 champion some 2-3 years ago. We have a tradition in this sport (competed at every Olympics since 1992), but it's going to be a lottery with only one quota available. It really is a lottery, you touch a gate and you get 2 seconds penalty.

#banbestmen