website statistics

Croatia National Thread

dcro

12 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

i don think there is anyone safe, to be in the top 4 of olympic categories it is going to be very tough. Currently both are not in the top 4, actually far away from that. 

I think the kvesic  brothers are currently around ranking 20 when you add both categories together, same for hassani when you add two categories in female. 

If we qualify one athlete in karate I would be already very happy. 

but still long way to go, I think the ranking will change as so far some people were focusing on championship more than ranking. 

Karate qualification period starts in July 2018

otherwise this year 

• road cycling and box freestyle qualification period starts in October and November. Although currently in road cycling does not look very good for us, probably only one quota. in Bmx freestyle will be very tough, as only 8 places and clear preference for nations with many competitors. 
  • U21 Football team, qualification and European championship 
  • basketball: qualification tournaments both men and women, probably both out 
  • gymnastics: World Cup series starts in November 2018, world championship 2018 not relevant for us as we don't have a chance to qualify a team
  • judo qualification period starts in may 
  • Sailing: world championship in August
  • Shooting : WCH in September 
  • Taekwaondo: started already in 2016, the main events this year are:European President Cup and European Championship in April/May, and then the GrandPrix Series starting in June and Grand Slam in December. Those are the events where you can collect the most points for the ranking. Looking at the current olympic ranking we have one female (Kristina Tomic) in Top 5. Few others just below or very close to the top 5: Nikita Glasnovic, Matea Jelic  Lovre Brecic and Toni Kanaet. Iva Rados and Vedran Golec still with some chances, maybe Bruna Vuletic.
  • Triathlon starts in May, but I don't think we have a chance

I did not take into account sports where we don't have a chance and where the qualification system is not published yet. 

I think Rantes have pretty nice chances...he won cup yesterday and injury but it looks very promising...in road I was counting two spots and I hope something will improve...and in women road Mia Radotic has good chances

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Rafoo:

I think Rantes have pretty nice chances...he won cup yesterday and injury but it looks very promising...in road I was counting two spots and I hope something will improve...and in women road Mia Radotic has good chances

In Road cycling we are currently in 48th place in the nation ranking, for two spots you need to be in top 30 at least. 51st place by the way means no quota, then you need someone in top 200. 

Radotic needs to be in Top 100, currently she is around 140 and not the youngest anymore. 

Rentes is good, but as very few places available I think it is going to be very very tough. Actually for him only two spots are available, the other 6 spots will be allocated via nation ranking and as he is alone I doubt Croatia will be among top 5 nations. His only chance is the world championship 2019 and he needs to be among top 2 not qualified. 

I think you are a bit too optimistic when it comes to chances of Croatian athletes :)

Edited by prso1000

27 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

In Road cycling we are currently in 48th place in the nation ranking, for two spots you need to be in top 30 at least. 51st place by the way means no quota, then you need someone in top 200. 

Radotic needs to be in Top 100, currently she is around 140 and not the youngest anymore. 

Rentes is good, but as very few places available I think it is going to be very very tough. Actually for him only two spots are available, the other 6 spots will be allocated via nation ranking and as he is alone I doubt Croatia will be among top 5 nations. His only chance is the world championship 2019 and he needs to be among top 2 not qualified. 

I think you are a bit too optimistic when it comes to chances of Croatian athletes :)

Well women's road cycling is a strange cup of tea. There have been numerous cases of 40 something old big race winners... Besides, Radotić is most importantly still very much on the upward trajectory.

Also, Japan will likely qualify through rankings so that should mean top 51-52 nations will go instead.

#banbestmen

3 hours ago, Rafoo said:

Now when equastrian qualafying system are out...how are chances for Karen?

Chance is quite small. Right now she is not competing at the highest (Grand Prix) level as both of her current horses are too young/inexperienced. Maybe there is a small chance if she makes a transition with Fausto to Grand Prix next year, otherwise no chance.

#banbestmen